[Solved] how can i use other field instead of password?

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297054 by saman2
hi
i want to copy value of other field (for example phone number field) as password and i want save that field too (in this example i want save password and phone number that the use can login with his phone number).
how to do that?how can i get that?must use JS to copy phone number in the password field when he register OR can use cb code field tab in the integration tab of field setting?
tnx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297074 by krileon
A predictable password based off phone number would be a massive security vulnerability. I do not recommend doing this. Yes, you can force it with CB Auto Actions (it has an auto action to login or logout), but such a vulnerability I will have no part in helping with, sorry. Your phone number is not even remotely private. It is not acceptable as a password or a means of verification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297086 by saman2
Hi again krileon...
I say for example use phine number not realy...I give my user the private numbering code such as phone not infact phone number...it's very secure
I use auto action field type and use set field value but I can't md5 that field value.
How to hash the value?

6 years 6 months ago #297136 by krileon
So you're generating a random password using phone number as the hash? What's the point? Enable random password generation within CB > Configuration > Registration. You can use format functions to md5 a string in CB Auto Actions.

As you've no active subscription I've no clue what version you're using though so that functionality may not exist. In fact you've no subscription history nor CB Auto Actions download history with us so I don't have a clue how you even have CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297141 by saman2
hi.
i'm using auto action v 6.3.5
you can figure out simply i want use value of field A of registration page as a password of user.

i'm use format function like that show in the below picture,it's not work and when i see in the database it is :
[cb:parse function="encode" method="md5"]Hello[/cb:parse]
(i'm use hello as example and i change that to value of other field)

what do i do if i want use value of field A in the password? is it need to hash that value of field A?
and what do i do if i want use value of "field A + 123456" as a password?
tnx
Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #297152 by saman2
oh my god...
i forget to set format function option to yes in the last tab(Parameter) and when i enable that it's working and md5 that's value...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn