how to create parent/child in cb?

6 years 7 months ago #297383 by saman2
how to create parent/child in cb? was created by saman2
hi.
i want to create some thing such as parent/child system in cb.
for example i have 3 manager and 15 employee and i want set some employee under the profile of manager.
when anyone see the profile of manager, then see the list of employee of that manager. i search about cb subs and default ACL of joomla but not proper for my need.
tnx and wait for your reply...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297404 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how to create parent/child in cb?
Easiest way to do that is just utilize Connections. Connect the managers are the employees so the employees show under the Connections tab of the manager. As for getting those all into a userlist you'd probably have to make a userlist per manager and filter the query to their connections from the _comprofiler_members table using an Advanced filter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297411 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to create parent/child in cb?
1-is there any Subsitions to get the list employee of one manager in other Component or in the joomla article?
2-how can i get that in the php file of view in some module?(i want write the php code to get that in the module or component of joomla)

6 years 7 months ago #297413 by krileon

1-is there any Subsitions to get the list employee of one manager in other Component or in the joomla article?

Yes, you can substitute in their Connections tab using a tab substitution. See our substitutions tutorial below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

2-how can i get that in the php file of view in some module?(i want write the php code to get that in the module or component of joomla)

You don't need to. Use CB Content Bot to utilize substitutions in Joomla articles and CB Content Module to have a substitution supported custom HTML module. You'd then just substitute in the connections tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297414 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to create parent/child in cb?
tnx but my mean of question 2 is that cani want write a plugin or module(not custom html but native my custom module)and can i use subsitution or i must use db query such as getdbo of joomla? i want use the result of each manager's employee in .php file.

6 years 7 months ago #297415 by krileon
The manager of each employee would just be a connection, which is stored in _comprofiler_members. How you retrieve it from there is entirely up to you. You could query for it with CB Query Field or again just substitute in the Connections tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn