how to create parent/child in cb?

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297519 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic how to create parent/child in cb?
is it possible to superuser (admin of website) or some user has a proper acl setup user connection?
for example clerk of company, set the list of foreman and worker of him?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic how to create parent/child in cb?
You want moderators to setup the connections and not the user themselves? No, there's no functionality for that and no backend management of connections. I suppose you could put something together with a custom HTML form and CB Auto Actions though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297554 by saman2
i can create simple html form and send to the php file and then insert to table of member but when i need to use cb auto action?and what type of auto action in your mind?
please more describe for solution.is my solution is right or is there any easier way in your mind?

6 years 6 months ago #297580 by krileon
You'd create a auto action with Triggers set to None then set the Type to Connection. Next you'd substitute in the POST values of the users you want to connect. These should be user ids. Your HTML form would then just submit to the auto action URL listed in your auto action under the Global tab. Example of how this action could progress a form as follows.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Connection
User: User
Access: All Moderators
Action
Users: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][post_to][/cb:parse]
User: [cb:parse function="clean" method="int"][post_from][/cb:parse]
Parameters
Format Functions: Enabled

With the above example your HTML form would submit to the actions URL with 2 inputs. 1 to supply the user id who is sending the connection request (input name should be "from") and 1 to supply the user id who is receiving the connection request (input name should be "to"). I guess you could always bypass this step and use something like RS Forms and directly insert the connection into _comprofiler_members database as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297591 by saman2
hi kerileon and many thank you...
why we must use auto action? i can create form(in my case somthing such as Rs form) and insert directly in the database. what is benefit of useing cb auto action? are your mean is use auto action type connection for send an email to user requested?
must do all 2 work that you say?(1-create form 2- use auto action)

6 years 6 months ago #297629 by krileon
If you're familiar with the _comprofiler_members database structure then you can do that, but no triggers will be fired. CB Auto Actions would be establishing the connections using API so triggers will fire and you don't need to know the database structure. Do whichever you feel most comfortable with.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn