[SOLVED] Registration Emails Not Sending

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #298885 by tjohns92109
[SOLVED] Registration Emails Not Sending was created by tjohns92109
This site has been up and running fine since January. Until recently my client noticed the registration emails stopped working. I've tested and found that Joomla emails are working fine. And when you click 're-send confirmation email', that works. Only when a user registers that they don't get the registration email. I turned on debugging and turned error reporting to max. Checked the error log. No errors anywhere. It makes no sense why it would just stop working. Only thing done during that time was updating CB and updating Joomla.

I've tried updating PHP to the latest version. Tried switching to the default template. I can't see anything other than updates causing the bug/issue.

Info: CB & Joomla are latest version.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #298900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Emails Not Sending
As other emails are working it sounds like a mail server issue more than anything. I suggest contacting the host to review mail server logs as they maybe blocking them from being sent as could be a false positive spam flag.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298972 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Registration Emails Not Sending
Thanks for such a quick response, Kyle. That was my first thought, but when I found that system emails and re-send confirmation emails were working, I dismissed the server as being the issue. I had tried to find mail server logs in my cPanel, but I'll give them a call since it's probably something I can't get to. I can see your theory being correct, though, as they do seem to have overzealous security when it comes to sending emails. I'll post the outcome.

6 years 5 months ago #299032 by tjohns92109
Just an update... My host looked at the email logs on the server. I was correct in thinking that I don't have access to that on a shared account, by the way. So, when I send a test mail from the system, he sees it go through. But when I register (and don't get the registration confirmation email), he doesn't see anything at all. In case there is something happening in the hosting account, he did create a ticket. But I have a feeling without any log of the email, they won't be of much help. Will have to see what they say. I'm using PHP mail, by the way, in case I didn't mention that earlier.

6 years 5 months ago #299034 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Emails Not Sending
If it's only affecting frontend registration it could be a 3rd party extension or CB plugin interfering with the process. Aside from that I've no idea, sorry. Try creating a clean Joomla install then install CB and test on the clean install to see if the emails work fine there to rule out any conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299035 by tjohns92109
Good idea. I'll try that next time I can re-visit the issue and pose the outcome.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn