[SOLVED] Registration Emails Not Sending

6 years 4 months ago #299801 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Registration Emails Not Sending
Finally got a chance to check this. I created a sub-domain, clean install of Joomla, clean install of CB (dev.cloud9.aero). The only thing I did in the administration is set the registration in CB configurations to 'Yes, independent of CMS "allow registration". Oh, and I had to create a menu item (community builder registration form). Still same issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299822 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration Emails Not Sending
It's strictly the Pending/Welcome emails that are configured in CB > Configuration > Registration that are not sending? All others are? Even mass mailer within CB > User Management? Doesn't really make any sense unless they're going to the recipients spam folder or your mail server is rejecting sending of them due to being flagged as spam. Try using GMail SMTP and see if that works. Just be sure to include the port with the host for GMail usage as follows.

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com:465

Alternative is be sure to change the Pending/Welcome email subject and body so they're not so generic to help avoid being flagged as spam.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299835 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Registration Emails Not Sending
Just got off the phone with the hosting company this morn. I had also created an exact duplicate of the fresh install, but this time on my inMotion server (which is the same standard shared hosting as the one with the issue). Of course the from email is different, but that's about it. Worked perfectly on my server. Hosting company asked for credentials for both so they could compare. They couldn't figure out why one is behaving differently and also suggested using SMTP. I didn't think I had that option, but it turns out that I do. And that worked as a word-around. The only difference between your suggestion is that its going through my server instead of GMail. I'm sure either would work. Thanks again, Kyle, for helping out with this and hopefully the thread helps others that run into the same issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn