[SOLVED] Can not edit own password in frontend

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299145 by eventfive
Hi,

I have a problem to edit my own password in frontend. Editing other fields is no problem and also changing passwords from other users is no problem. But if I tried to change my own password, even as super user or simple registered, the system says everything is fine but it doesn't change in the db.

System:
Joomla 3.8.2
CB 2.1.3

Best regards
Laura Kayser
eventfive

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can not edit own password in frontend
No idea, working perfectly fine in my tests. Try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to see if something is failing during profile update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299339 by eventfive
Replied by eventfive on topic Can not edit own password in frontend
I switched the debug mode on and found the problem. An old plugin for auto assign acl overrides the new password.

Thanks
Laura
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn