Fields to be approved

6 years 2 months ago #301191 by JoeTheBronx
Fields to be approved was created by JoeTheBronx
A new question related to my Athletic Club.
I would like to allow my users (the runners of the club) to personally submit their personal best times on the various distances: marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K.
How can I enable such a field though preventing the same to be automatically published before one of the admins performs a check to see if that runner really did that time in that occasion? I mean, is there a way, like with profile pictures that must be first approved by the admins, to hide those fields until approval?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301203 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields to be approved
There's no field approval for fields other than images. If their best race times are stored in a another database table you could just pull that information automatically using CB Query Field without them having to input anything. This assumes there's something in both tables that could be used to link the two together (e.g. email address, user id, username, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301207 by JoeTheBronx
Replied by JoeTheBronx on topic Fields to be approved
No, unfortunately I can't.
We're more than 300 members in the club and it would be time wasting to go and look for each's personal best on every distance. That's why I thought to let each runner to input themselves the data (e.g., 4:22:06 2016 New York City Marathon), then have one of the admins perform a check to avoid some "funny" world record input. That is why I had the idea of the approval... Other ideas?

6 years 2 months ago #301211 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fields to be approved
Don't have anything else to suggest as there's no approval process for the fieldtypes you'd be using. Best I can suggest is a notification to moderators when they change the value of that field and if it's invalid the moderator would edit that users profile and empty it. That can be accomplish with CB Auto Actions or I guess also CB Profile Update Logger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn