Grouping fields

6 years 3 months ago #301282 by JoeTheBronx
Grouping fields was created by JoeTheBronx
Hi guys
Here we go with my question of the day.

Can I put together on the same line in the profile page 2 or more fields?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Grouping fields
You can use substitutions in a Custom HTML field or in one the fields layout parameters (see Parameters > Layout while editing the field) to display them side by side. See the substitution tutorial below for usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301312 by JoeTheBronx
Replied by JoeTheBronx on topic Grouping fields
Sorry krileon... is there any video tutorial on the subject that I can learn more from? The documentation page looks too difficult for my skills
:whistle:

6 years 3 months ago #301322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Grouping fields
You can find CB video tutorials below.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Suggest just starting simple and making a Custom HTML field then trying some substitutions. Even as simple as just adding [username] ([firstname] [lastname]) to a Custom HTML field, which will output the raw database stored values for those fields. Examples are also provided on the substitutions tutorial page that may help.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds