Using fields from another database table/component

5 years 8 months ago #306296 by Se7eN
Hello,

On our website, we use CB for our user profiles.
For a specific group of our users, we have a custom component where we manage attributes for each user of that specific group.
The fields holding these attributes are stored in a table of that other component.

My question is the following: how can I display (some of) those fields in a tab in a user's CB profile?
I need to be able to display some fields as read-only, and I also want to show a few fields that should be editable by the user.

How do I achieve this in CB?
Sorry for the noob questions :)

Thank you in advance for any help/pointers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306297 by nant

Se7eN wrote: Hello,

On our website, we use CB for our user profiles.
For a specific group of our users, we have a custom component where we manage attributes for each user of that specific group.
The fields holding these attributes are stored in a table of that other component.

My question is the following: how can I display (some of) those fields in a tab in a user's CB profile?
I need to be able to display some fields as read-only, and I also want to show a few fields that should be editable by the user.

How do I achieve this in CB?
Sorry for the noob questions :)

Thank you in advance for any help/pointers!

You will need a Professional membership subscription to get CB Query (lets you create a dynamic database query to get a field value) and maybe CB Auto Action to let you trigger off a CB field and update a value in another database location using an update query.

You will need some basic SQL skills to configure/program this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn