Registration IP In Backend ACP

5 years 8 months ago #306559 by jtomelevage
Registration IP In Backend ACP was created by jtomelevage
Hi,

You recently sent an newsletter email with information about members registered IP address:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/169897-solved-how-to-get-ip-when-user-register

CB stores the users IP address at time of registration to the database table _comprofiler as column registeripaddr. You can display this on frontend by adding [registeripaddr] substitution to a delimiter field or just by reviewing directly from database.

This was very useful for us.

What would be really great is if this IP address was viewable in the Joomla / Community Builder ACP instead of needing to use something like phpmyadmin to view the IP address a user used to register.

Any chance of that being added in a future release?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration IP In Backend ACP
Add a delimiter field and then you can view it from backend when editing the user. CB does not display it in CB > User Management because it's generally useless given it's just the registration ip address and will only be needed in rare cases. If you need accurate ip address tracking you'll need to use CB AntiSpam.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 8 months ago #306613 by jtomelevage
Replied by jtomelevage on topic Registration IP In Backend ACP
We don't have a "delimiter" field type on our installation.

5 years 8 months ago #306625 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration IP In Backend ACP
Sorry, old term. It's a Custom HTML field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306637 by jtomelevage
Replied by jtomelevage on topic Registration IP In Backend ACP
I must be doing something wrong because it does not display on our backend:

Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #306638 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Registration IP In Backend ACP
Nothing wrong - just type the code in the window.

Moving this thread as it is now obviously a free support thread.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn