problems with user rights

5 years 7 months ago #306768 by Gerdchen07
problems with user rights was created by Gerdchen07
I use two types of users. Normal users, and users with special rights. Normal users have access to their own profile and can edit data. Users they belong to both groups can't. I think there is a conflict of the rights and I have no Idea where I can change rights so that these users can edit their profile again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #306772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problems with user rights
What do you mean by they can't edit their profile? They can't reach profile edit page at all or can't see any tabs on it? If they can't see any tabs check the view access level you've assigned to various tabs within CB > Tab Management. If they can't reach it at all check the view access level you've assigned to your Joomla menu item to CBs profile edit page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306776 by Gerdchen07
Replied by Gerdchen07 on topic problems with user rights
They can reach the profile and can change the tabs, but if they click save they get the message permission denied.

5 years 7 months ago #306778 by krileon
Please provide the exact message they're seeing. Check "Profile View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > User Profile and ensure it's accessible to the user (e.g. Public or Registered). It maybe saving their profile, but blocking access to their profile which it redirects to after a save. Aside from that the only other permission check applied is if they're trying to edit a profile other than their own, which isn't the case when editing their own profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #306795 by Gerdchen07
Replied by Gerdchen07 on topic problems with user rights
They see:
Error

Access Denied
Edit Your Details

At CB > Configuration > User Profile is Profile View Access Level "Registered". Registered includes Manager, Registered and Super Users. Manager is my group with special rights.

5 years 7 months ago #306816 by krileon
There's no flat "Access Denied" error message in CB. If profile view or edit access is denied by CB you'll see a not authorized error. Access Denied is a Joomla error. Probably JGLOBAL_AUTH_ACCESS_DENIED to be more specific and is likely due to Joomla menu access permission. Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. If SEF is enable turn it off then cause the error and check Itemid in the URL and match it to its Joomla menu item then adjust the access for that menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn