cb logout module and connections tab avatar issue

5 years 6 months ago #307629 by fra11
Hello there,
I'm actually using CB 2.0.13 version, and I'm getting the following issue either for the cb logout module and the connections tab:
in short, the avatar images do not show well, they are grained. Is it a bug of the version I'm using? Does anyone get the same issue?
Thanks a lot in advance,
bye :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307671 by krileon
No idea what you mean by grained. I'm guessing you're stretching the thumbnail images too large and is likely due to the thumbnail size you set being too small to begin with so the were stored very small. Adjust the thumbnail size globally within CB > Configuration > Images or for your avatar field it self in CB > Field Management. Changing those parameters will have no affect on existing images and those will need to be re-uploaded.

Regardless your install is 2 years out of date. I highly suggest you consider updating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 5 months ago #308173 by fra11
thanks for answering. Yes, i mind that The images resolution loose the resolution.
About the "Adjust the thumbnail size globally within CB > Configuration > Images or for your avatar field it self in CB > Field Management" if I set the css parameters directly from the CSS sheet, does not it work the same?

5 years 5 months ago #308227 by krileon

About the "Adjust the thumbnail size globally within CB > Configuration > Images or for your avatar field it self in CB > Field Management" if I set the css parameters directly from the CSS sheet, does not it work the same?

No, CSS just stretches or shrinks the image. It can't create pixels in the image that don't exist. They need to be uploaded in a more appropriate size if you don't want it to become pixelated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308902 by fra11
thanks for answering. So should the best solution be to set the thumbnail images very big (such as:max-width:2000px;) or does it affect the server memory storage and the navigation speed?

5 years 4 months ago #308917 by krileon
Using CSS will distort the image. Resizing with CSS can't add or take away pixels. It just stretches or smashes it. Large sized images stored of course take more storage space and of course affect load performance, but in regards to avatars it's not going to be much of an impact as long as you'd not trying to allow users to have something like 2000x2000 avatars as that's completely unnecessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn