cb logout module and connections tab avatar issue

5 years 4 months ago #309093 by fra11
That's ok, I got you now :)

So, finally, is not there any way to make an image fitting the size wanted according to the screen dimensions the user has. For example, if i want to set the top canvas width to cover all the width of the screen (such as the twitter one), is it not possible to make some thing similar?
Thanks a lot, bye :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #309132 by krileon
The canvas width will fit the available space. If the component output of your Joomla template expands the full width of the screen then so will the users profile and their canvas image. The height is fixed at 200px for desktop and 125px for mobile. So if you want it to be edge to edge your Joomla template needs to support being able to output components as edge to edge, but more than likely you'll need to write custom CSS to force your Joomla template to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #309141 by fra11
that's ok, i got it. I'm just using the protostar joomla template, probably it does not do the job you said.
Thanks a lot for your advices, :) :)

5 years 4 months ago #309144 by krileon
Best I can suggest for protostar is to edit it and set the Advanced parameter "Fluid Layout" to "Fluid". Then use some custom CSS to remove the padding on .container-fluid or add a negative margin. Example as follows.

body.site.com_comprofiler.view-userprofile > .body > .container-fluid {
	padding-left: 0;
	padding-right: 0;
}

There's more padding on the body element it self, but if you remove that it'll look strange being completely edge to edge. Regardless is an example that should help get you started. If you're not familiar with CSS I recommend contacting a developer to help you (we do not provide coding assistance, just simple examples). It will likely be easier to find a template that gives better control over its layout though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #309146 by fra11
ok, thank you so much.
And in the Canvas image field setting, what have I to type at the fields: "Maximum Image Width" and "Maximum Thumbnail Width", in order to get the full width? I try to type 100% but I looks like if only "px" values are allowed (obviously, I mind, by avoiding the image will get shown blurred).

5 years 4 months ago #309171 by krileon
The maximum width and height parameters are for resizing on upload. You have no control over the canvas size beyond that. The canvas will always be 100% width and scale accordingly to fit within the 200px height. Use your own judgement in regards to how large of an image you want to accepted based off the maximum resolutions you want to support.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn