Remove canvas from user lists - how ?

5 years 5 months ago #307788 by Quark Zimmerman
Remove canvas from user lists - how ? was created by Quark Zimmerman
Hi guys,
I just moving my site from CB 1.9 to 2.2 and have a small problem configuring it the way I like.
The problem is with connections list (probably with all lists but in my case connections is the one that have visible problem).

I on my site do not use Canvas, so I disabled (unpublished) it in "tab management" and it gone from there .

However in connections list it shows default Canvas image above each person:

Warning: Spoiler!

Which is looks bad , I want to have something close to what I had in 1.9:
Warning: Spoiler!

So I have to get rid somehow from the Canvas.
I tried to go to "Field management" , "Canvas image field" , "Image Display" parameter setting and change the image from "Normal Default CB " to "No Image" but this just makes the big canvas area white, without image, but it still there.

How I can get rid of it completely in lists ?

Btw: in user lists columns I have only "avatar" column 1 and "status" column.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #307801 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Remove canvas from user lists - how ?
The connections tab looks like the below. I'm guessing you've some custom CSS causing conflicts.

CB is designed with a canvas layout from the ground up. You can't unpublish the canvas field at all. You only unpublished the tab responsible for displaying the canvas background at the top of the profile. If you don't want the canvas usage you'll need to write the necessary CSS to suppress its display. Alternatively you can try moving the canvas field to an unpublished tab or overriding the profile and userlist value layouts for the canvas field to display something else (e.g. empty span element).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #307806 by Quark Zimmerman
Replied by Quark Zimmerman on topic Remove canvas from user lists - how ?
Thanks, it is overriden in template CSS , I guess need to fix the positioning, but in general I do not like the look of it, maybe make it transparent :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn