Transferring CB / TABS & FIELDS to a Clean Install

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307907 by PeerPartnersLTD
Hello Friends in Joomla!

I managed to get over 112 files severely hacked and want to move an existing CB structure/framework to a clean install of Joomla & Community Builder.

The site(s) have been sideline doodling for over 7 years, represent multiple domains and services, and has/have over 75 tabs and 300 fields and complex display structures I do not want to loose - how do I go about moving them to the new clean install? (BTW: The actual user table only has 4 accounts other than my own profile and are dummy accounts I do not care if I loose or not.

To save your time a little, hopefully, is it as simple as:

> Open a path to my database (both, the old one and the clean one)
> Locate the Community Builder Tables in the old structure
> Export ALL CB Tables to a file
> Import the Tables into the Clean Install from the newly created file

and I just need the names of the correct tables???

(I'm doing this because several of my third-party extensions are badly corrupted so I am making a new install with the most recent Joomla and CB and will be adding each of my extensions back with new research and fresh installs after the fact)

Thank you for your community help and support!
"Chappy" ~ Chaplain Mike Little
Peer Partners LTD - San Diego, CA.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307952 by krileon
I would try to update Joomla and CB to their latest releases first to ensure all the database structures have been migrated. Once done should be a matter of just exporting the database tables and importing them into your new site. All of CBs database tables are prefixed with _comprofiler and named accordingly (e.g. fields are _comprofile_fields).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn