[SOLVED] CB Blogs and Joomla Category Permission

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308131 by Jerrific
Good day,

I'm using the latest build of CB for my choir site and would like to create the possibility for users to write blogs.

But when I press "Make blog" (to publish the blog I've written) I get "Blog failed to validate! Error: Category not allowed!". I get the message also when logged in as super user.

So I'm trying to figure out which steps I have to think thru in order to get this to work.

I'm using:
- Latest Joomla
- Helix Ultimate Framework
- The members of the choir have their own group (members) who are part of Joomla's main group (public).

I can create articles with use of the "Joomla - Make new article method" (menu item). But article creation with CB Blogs gives this error.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308152 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs and Joomla Category Permission
No categories are available to store the blogs into. If using the Joomla model you need to select a top level category within CB Blogs > Parameters > Blogs in the "Category" parameter. If using the Internal model ensure you've supplied a comma list of categories for the "Categories" parameter at the same location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 5 months ago #308183 by Jerrific
Replied by Jerrific on topic CB Blogs and Joomla Category Permission
It indeed seems very simple to configure. The category I assigned is a top level one. I tried it with a different top level category, but still the same error:

"Failed to create blog. Error: Category not permitted". I think this has someting to do with ACL?

5 years 4 months ago #308228 by krileon
Are there categories within your top level category? Example as follows on how to configure your categories.

Blogs
- General
- Movies
- Sports
- Games

You'd select Blogs as your top level category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308277 by Jerrific
Replied by Jerrific on topic CB Blogs and Joomla Category Permission
I'm making use of one Joomla top category, without any sub-categories.

On my site I have created a usergroup named "Members". Could that be the cause for this access permission error?
Although, when I log in as a "super user", I'm not able to create a blog either with use of CB Blogs.

I'm realy wondering in what direction to look.
By the way, just installed the latest build of CB today, problem remains.

5 years 4 months ago #308282 by krileon

without any sub-categories.

Sub categories are required. See my above category structure for an example of how your categories should be setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn