[SOLVED] Using CB Auto Actions with CB Progress Field to control menu options

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314473 by chrispg
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this will be possible, but I would like to make a menu option only available to people with 100% complete profile.

The use case is this: one menu link shows a map of members' locations, but I only want it to be visible to members that have already entered their location.

Has anyone else done this kind of thing?

Thanks,
Chris.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314478 by krileon
There's no way to condition Joomla menu items so no that's not possible unless you output some sort of fake menu like just custom HTML inside of a CB Content Module then wrap that HTML in a substitution IF statement as shown in the substitution tutorial below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrispg

4 years 5 months ago #314615 by nant
Couldn't you use CB Auto Actions to bump a user to a different joomla group if profile is 100%?
And then just apply ACL permissions on menu?
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrispg

4 years 5 months ago #314631 by krileon
Yup, that actually would be possible. You'd need CB Progress Field to track the progress then CB Auto Actions acting on the after profile update trigger and condition against the progress field then give them a new usergroup. Then use ACL to show/hide different menu items.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 5 months ago #314641 by chrispg
Thank you both for your input on this - much appreciated. I'll certainly give it a try.
:)

4 years 5 months ago #314651 by nant

chrispg wrote: Thank you both for your input on this - much appreciated. I'll certainly give it a try.
:)

you will need to purchase these plugins.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn