[SOLVED] Content Protection fail after upgrade to 1.1.2

13 years 2 months ago #149925 by fdkid
Hi, I've upgraded a website to Joomla 1.5.22, and consequently upgraded to CB 1.3.1. and CBSubs 1.1.2.

The upgrade workflow for CB and CBSubs was flawless. CB tools check shows no problem at all.

However, like the following post:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,151/id,148834/

The integration plugin for Content Protection stopped working.

Modules assigned to specific plans will only appear under Cb related menu items

Menu items assigned to specific plans are available to all members.

According to the post noted above, i've made sure that the following is correct.

Can't see any warnings with debug mode on.

Upgraded and Published bot_subs_112-E.zip

Running MySQL4 4.1.22 and PHP 5.2.1

Ioncube is running OK.

Any ideas? Many thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/05 19:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #149977 by krileon
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within your Joomla global configuration and test that protection is working. Review any on-screen errors if any during your tests.

Please ensure you upgraded EVERYTHING. This includes CBSubs Content CB plugin and CBSubs Main plugin, not just the Joomla plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #149999 by fdkid
Hi K, you're kidding me right?

I've upgraded everything. I cannot see any errors with debug mode and maximum error reporting. (pls see my post)

I've performed the upgrade on an dev site, (exact replica of the live site) both residing on the same server.

The live site with the prior version is working flawlessly, and the dev site is the one having this issue so far.

Other ioncube encoded apps, including CBSubs are working properly on this server.

? Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #150045 by krileon

The live site with the prior version is working flawlessly, and the dev site is the one having this issue so far.

Is the only difference on the dev site that CBSubs was upgraded?

Please PM backend login credentials of your dev site and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #150056 by fdkid
Hi K, thanks very much! I just pm you the credentials.

Yes, it's the only difference. The dev site folder is actually a copy of the live site folder. The DB is also a copy of the live site DB.

var/www/html
var/www/dev1

Residing on the same server, as well as the DBs.

Good luck and thanks again for taking the time.

fdkid

13 years 2 months ago #150084 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and ionCube does not appear to be properly installed on your Development server. Notice in PHP Information within Joomlas backend there is no mention of ionCube. It's very likely you set it up for the administrator backend, but not the frontend. Please keep in mind when midifying PHP.ini you must place a copy in Joomla root AND root/administrator. This can be confirmed by reviewing your Production servers PHP Information within Joomlas backend where ionCube is mentioned.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn