[SOLVED] Content Protection fail after upgrade to 1.1.2

13 years 3 months ago #150089 by fdkid
Hi K, I'm kind of confused.

IC loaders are called through ZEND.

[Zend]

;zend_extension = /var/www/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

As you can see, the loaders are located on the root of both folders (/var/www/dev1 and /var/www/html).

The live site at "html" have no problem with IC, I dont see how the site at "dev1" has it.

are you positive about IC being the issue? Thanks very much, fdkid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150137 by krileon

;zend_extension = /var/www/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

ionCube is not enabled, there's a ";" in-front of it which turns off features. Please remove then ";".

As you can see, the loaders are located on the root of both folders (/var/www/dev1 and /var/www/html).

Those are 2 different web-roots. You need ionCube configured in PHP.ini for both.

are you positive about IC being the issue?

Yes, again navigate to backend of your dev site and review PHP Information and you can see that IonCube is not properly loaded. This will cause the check done inside the cbsubs bot to fail resulting any CBSubs Content in not functioning.

It would be 1 thing if you were accessing your site at www.example.com/dev/index.php, but you're accessing at dev.example.com/index.php (one is a new domain and the other isn't). Those are 2 entirely different URL structures. You need to setup ionCube for BOTH domains. Generally this is just copying the PHP.ini to the sub-domains Joomla root (and root/administrator of course).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150194 by fdkid
Hi K, thanks so much for your comments.

Just PM you urls showing that ioncube is properly loaded on the account. I opened a ticket with the hosting provider and they made sure it works.

However, i'm still confronting the problem, and honestly don't know if I fully understand your suggestions.

Do i still need to uncomment that line in php.ini and copy the php.ini file under the Joomla roots despite ioncube is working on the account?

or it may be another problem besides ioncube? since it's running ok?

Thanks very much

13 years 3 months ago #150195 by krileon
The ionCube library maybe working and translating the encrypted code, but PHP is not SEEING that ionCube is there. Thus function checks within PHP will fail to find ionCube.

Yes, you need to have ionCube initiated and defined in PHP.ini (if this is the method your host requires). It also needs to be within your Joomla root and root/administrator. I'm not sure what more to say. If ionCube is not found in PHP Information (Backend > Help > System Info > PHP Information) then PHP can't see it.

If you're confident it is working as intended then you're welcome to edit the cbsubsbot which is no longer encoded as of 1.1.2 and remove the ionCube check.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150197 by fdkid
Hi K, I have removed the check on the bot and it works now!

I apologize for the back and forth but the fact that IC was present after all was very confusing.

In any case, I want to give you all the credit for it! it was an ionCube issue! you guys make such an incredible job!

I'll make sure it's properly loaded now so i don't have to hack the bot. Thanks a mill

fdkid

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn