[#2172] cb subs access problems

13 years 3 months ago #150217 by mardulia
[#2172] cb subs access problems was created by mardulia
The access restrictions I've configured in cbsubs are not working as planned.

This is how it is configured in CB Subs:

Level one (free): has access to a section, authoring access within that section, commenting access within that section

Level 2 (paid): has access to all the above plus: another section, menu module with links to docman and forum.

This is what's happening:

Users with core registered status lose their authoring access- though authoring rights have been configured in the plan. The article submission link returns a 403 error.

Level 2 users that have core registered status do not have access to the second level menu mod and the components it links to, though though it's been configured for access in the plan.

Any user with core author status has access to everything and, of course, authoring access.

I have the latest versions of CB and CBSubs installed.

I've been going around this issue for a couple of days, trying everything I can think of. I've plumb run out of ideas. I can't help but think that there is one stupid button somewhere I haven't pushed.

Please help!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/07 20:32

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cb subs access problems
Sounds like either cbpaidsubs bot isn't installed and published as well as public, the CBSubs Content plugin isn't installed and published as well as public, or ionCube is not detected and the cbpaidsubs bot is failing to function. Please check within PHP Information in your Joomla backend to ensure ionCube is loaded.

Is ALL content protection failing? As in are you not receiving any "subscription xyz required" pages when attempting to navigate to protected content? Please keep in mind for free lifetime plans to give access you must have CBSubs > Settings > Global configured to create subscriptions for free lifetime plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150291 by mardulia
Replied by mardulia on topic Re:cb subs access problems
Hi Kyle- thanks for being so prompt! Sorry I wasn't- Ive been waiting for an email from the forum, but never got one- guess I didn't subscribe.

I did ask my server install ionCube and I see ionCube Loader listed under Modules. Is there something else that should be showing up here?

Both plugins are installed, enabled and public.

All content protection is failing- if the user has core author status- regardless of subscription.

A user with core registered status, regardless of subscription- is shut out of a menu module (called Basic Subsciption) which is the bones of my paid subscription. Registered users also have no access to ContentSubmit- to spite my configuration to the contrary.

I appreciate your help with this- promise I'll check back sooner this time. So much to do so little time!

13 years 3 months ago #150329 by krileon
Please provide exact details as to what should be affecting who and PM backend login credentials and will take a look. Without exact details I won't have a direction and thus won't investigate. Not fully understanding your scenario. Sounds like some minor misconfiguration, but can't say for sure without looking. You may provide the details within the PM instead of in a forum reply if you'd like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150345 by krileon

Members with core registered status don't see the subscription access page but do get a 403 error when trying to submit an article

This appears to be a bug as I can't find anything that would directly cause this. The NEW form page is also causing a 403.

Any member with core author status has access to everything- regardless of subscription level.

This will always be the case. Keep users as Registered and grant them Author access using CBSubs. ACL has precedence over CBSubs.

Reviewing you plans you've also protected the Community Builder extension. This should never be the case. Protect a URL or perhaps a menu link, but never protect CB it self, have resolved this for you.

You also had the cbpaidsubs bot set to Registered access. This should not be the case and should always be Public and published, have resolved this for you.

Was able to confirm permissions are not working appropriately and have created a bug ticket for issue to be further investigated.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 3 months ago #150408 by mardulia
Replied by mardulia on topic Re:[#2172] cb subs access problems
Appreciate your looking into this. Really, truly. Any progress?

I've fixed all core access, basically made everything public to allow CB to take over access privileges, and made all my users registered, hoping that by making everything neat and tidy, all my soldiers would fall in properly. (It might be nice to have a line about that in the documentation- that Joomla's ACL takes precedence over CB.) I've combed through everything about a million times. At this point, theoretically, I should have everything set up properly.

Still isn't working. The one really basic piece of my subscription - the Basic Subscription menu - is now visible to everyone to spite it being set-up to the contrary in cbSubs. This and the 403 error are my two issues.

FYI- I was able to get one 1st level test member to access the ContentSubmit component- once. When I tried a second and third time, nix. The only thing I did between the two attempts was logout and login as another user. Now it's all 403, all the time.

Hope to hear from you soon...

Post edited by: mardulia, at: 2011/01/09 14:59

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds