[#2172] cb subs access problems

13 years 3 months ago #150467 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[#2172] cb subs access problems
Again, I have confirm this is a bug. Any little changes made likely will not resolve the issue. Am not sure what is causing the problem and no there has not been any progress into the bug (it's been just 2 days).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150509 by mardulia
Replied by mardulia on topic Re:[#2172] cb subs access problems
I've solved the 403 issue on ContentSubmit. And it was my problem not yours, my humblest apologies! So you can take that one off your list. Whew.

But the Basic Subscription module is still visible regardless of anything. If I make it public it's visible to everyone.

I'm mucking around trying everything, believe me, and I know you're all very busy and have other users to deal with. ANY insight would be appreciated.

13 years 3 months ago #150523 by krileon

I've solved the 403 issue on ContentSubmit. And it was my problem not yours, my humblest apologies! So you can take that one off your list. Whew.

Glad you were able to resolve the 403 issue, but there is still a problem with the content permissions that we need to further investigate; hopefully of which is not affecting your usage scenario.

But the Basic Subscription module is still visible regardless of anything. If I make it public it's visible to everyone.

Setting the subscription module to public will of course making it available to public. Don't understand what you're trying to do; please provide more details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150534 by mardulia
OK- I've explained this before- now I'm going to cry.

The one really basic piece of my subscription - the Basic Subscription menu - is now visible to everyone to spite it being set-up to the contrary in cbSubs.

ONLY second level subscribers (called Walkabout) should have access to this module, but ALL of my subscribers can see this module. All the other modules are working fine- I tested this- and there are 6 that are exclusive to subscribers. It is ONLY this particular module that is ignoring instructions.

BTW- I'm now getting a 403 with links to the site in emails.

13 years 3 months ago #150547 by krileon

ONLY second level subscribers (called Walkabout) should have access to this module, but ALL of my subscribers can see this module. All the other modules are working fine- I tested this- and there are 6 that are exclusive to subscribers. It is ONLY this particular module that is ignoring instructions.

You need to protect the module with what plans you want to require to access it. Please re-check your plans to ensure you've not given unwanted access. Public, registered, etc.. has no barring on the subscription access level so shouldn't matter.

BTW- I'm now getting a 403 with links to the site in emails.

Can't help you with that. Believe the 403 issues is something misconfigured on your site or hosting environment.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 3 months ago #150550 by mardulia
I have checked and rechecked. Beleive me it's only this one module that's miss-behaving. Everything else is working fine. You know, it's a module position I created myself in a commercial template, and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Could it be that there's something missing in code somewhere?

About the 403- sigh... yes, probably my issue...

BTW-the new site really looks great-

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds