[SOLVED] Get error when user attempts to use Authorize.net

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150424 by wsbsmith
Hello,

I am trying to help my organization get ready for its annual membership drive this week, but we have a glitch with our newly purchased CB Subs, and can't go live until it is fixed.

When we are at the invoice screen and click on either link (MC or Visa) to go to authorize.net, we get this error: "The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Everything works fine with the Paypal button and offline payment button. System information is below.

Scott Smith, VP of Membership
Virginia Downtown Development Association

1. Exact PHP version. unknown
2. Exact CB version. 1.3.1
3. Exact Joomla version. 1.5.22
4. Detailed description of problem. www.downtownvirginia.org/vdda-membership/join-vdda-online.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150425 by beat
Probably you didn't setup your https server... try accessing your site with https. ;)

(or your "live_site" setting in configuration.php of joomla is not empty)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 3 months ago #150426 by wsbsmith
Hmm...SSL seems to work fine with another component we've had installed for about a year: www.downtownvirginia.org/vdda-membership/apply-online-now.html

Checked config.php and livesite is empty

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150489 by wsbsmith
Okay, it looks like the problem was caused by our use of DT Register and DT Donate on the same site. We will be discontinuing our use of DT Donate, but will continue to use DT register, so simply killing those two components wasn't an option.

The problem is caused by a code override that is for some reason required by the DTH people to force their products in to SSL. By doing that, it did not allow other components to go into SSL, even if they wanted to.

The fix is described in the link below, although the particular example uses Virtuemart...i just replaced com_virtuemart with com_comprofiler and everything seems to work.

Okay, it looks like the problem was caused by our use of DT Register and DT Donate on the same site. We will be discontinuing our use of DT Donate, but will continue to use DT register, so simply killing those two components wasn't an option.

The problem is caused by a code override that is for some reason required by the DTH people to force their products in to SSL. By doing that, it did not allow other components to go into SSL, even if they wanted to.

The fix is described in the link below, although the particular example uses Virtuemart...i just replaced com_virtuemart with com_comprofiler and everything seems to work.

www.dthdevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=91&jfile=viewtopic.php&f=16&t=1682#p3977

Scott

13 years 3 months ago #150715 by beat
Thanks for sharing the bug in DT components and solution. I note that they solved this issue with a plugin in their newer version. So this thread is solved.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn