[#2227] Problem with Remository plug-in and groups

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150723 by jstec
I am having a problem with the CBSubs Remository plug-in where it seems to be losing some assignments to Remository groups. I have two Remository groups, one for "View Only", and one for "Download OK". The idea is that free plan users will be able to see what is in the download area, but will not be able to actually download unless they upgrade their subscription. So my free plan assigns the user to the "View Only" access group and the paid plan assigns him to "Download OK". The problem I have is that the assignments that get made seem to be arbitrary. Users often end up in the wrong group.

Also, I see some very strange behavior in the plug-in settings, and that is that if I go to my free plan and try to change the group selection from "View Only" (the second) to "Download OK" (the first), when I save and then go back to the plan, the change didn't stick (the second group -- View Only -- is once again the one selected).

But if I go through my SQL cPanel and look at the jos_cbsubs_plans table and inspect the record for my free plan record (the one I just tried to change), in the integrations field it has remository_role=DownloadOK. In other words, the plug-in looked like it didn't accept the change, but the database has the change in its table, although the change may or not be made. Makes it hard to debug, so once again, Help!

Is it a coincidence that I am also having issues with acymailing list assignments being made correctly based on pick-list selections within the plug-in interface (Integrations->Remository or Integrations->acyMailing)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150780 by krileon
If integration permissions are not sticking it would mean there's some sort of conflict preventing them from properly working. Please ensure you're running CB 1.3.1, un-edited (without core hacks). Please disable CB plugins 1 by 1 to see if issue is resolved by doing so. Both appear to be keeping parameters perfectly fine in my tests. If issue persists please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150813 by jstec
OK, I will try to get a clearer definition of exactly what is working and what isn't. This is secondary to some other issues I have to solve right now because it is impacting just automation, not outright functionality. But if I can get a clearer definition and can narrow the scope for you, I will let you know if there is something to look at.

It is tedious to debug by trial and error because I have to keep registering dummy test users to see if they get set-up properly. After a night of testing, I wind up with a whole lot of clutter that then needs to be cleaned up (restore from back-ups).

13 years 3 months ago #151220 by krileon
Were you able to find any informative results from your testing? Is the Remository integration working as expected? We're using remository API so it's very unlikely to have any issues unless they change their API without backwards compatibility.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151307 by jstec
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to exhaustively test this yet due to other higher priority fires to stomp out and several days totally away from development efforts.

But so far, it looks like changes I make are sticking in the db, but they are not being displayed the next time I go to the Integrations->Remository tab. It looks like no matter what is actually set, the last Remository group is the one highlighted on subsequent visits to the tab.

In other words, if I have two Remository groups, "Download OK" and "View Only" (listed in that order on the Integrations tab), if I select "Download OK" and then save the plan, when I come back later to the Integrations tab, "View Only" is what is highlighted as being selected for that plan.

So to get around this I am just making sure to select the correct group every time I change something else with the plan. Not ideal, but I can live with it until I have a chance to investigate further.

13 years 3 months ago #151407 by krileon
Was able to confirm your issue and have created a bug ticket to address further.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn