Paypal

13 years 2 months ago #151794 by toddfletcher
Replied by toddfletcher on topic Re: Paypal
I'm still lost. I have contacted the hosting company, but no changes have been made to the VPS. I ran through the process, both on the existing and a new paypal gateway. Both create the same error.

There is communication with the paypal server. I know this since the paypal site populates with the data from the customer and subscription. It is in the return trip that things break down. Basically any time Paypal needs to talk back to CB_Subs. A page is listed in the site with this error:

Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error ). Please check your email and status later.
No suitable basket found.

It seems like the problem is in CB_Subs and not the server or paypal. Did something happen in the last update that could effect this? If no changes have been made on the VPS, how could communication be interrupted? Can you give more input as to where to look?

Please, please help....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151795 by toddfletcher
I notice you have premium technical support service at $122. Is that the only way to have this fixed ASAP?

13 years 2 months ago #151806 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Paypal

toddfletcher wrote: I notice you have premium technical support service at $122. Is that the only way to have this fixed ASAP?

CBSubs comes with forum support. In certain cases, where the issue can't be resolved by a few same/next-day questions/troubleshooting in forum we ask for access and troubleshoot.

The premium technical support services (either with Pro membership, or by the hour) short-circuits the preliminary forum troubleshooting, and gets priority over forum support, additionally it runs through a ticket system, where the CB Team only has access, and can help as a team. It's not the only way to get support, but it often gets things solved faster, as it's private dedicated support, versus public community support in forums.

Joomlapolis.com runs on a dedicated server with CBSubs 1.1.2 right now without issues, same as thousands of other CBSubs-powered websites. So I believe that issue is most probably not in CBSubs.

To start your forum troubleshooting (included free with CBSubs), 3 questions which should hopefully lead to pinpoint your issue:

1) is your general CBSubs settings page showing prerequisites showing all green and no red ? if you have red, instructions are in red too, so your hoster can install for you the missing prerequisite parts.

2) if you do a wget www.paypal.com from your VPS root terminal, does it give an error is a file loaded and does it look similar to paypal's homepage?

3) notification details (click on notification id in list) should give you maybe more indications on the exact error to reach www.paypal.com What's the error there ?

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 2 months ago #151827 by toddfletcher
Thanks for the answer. I'm not having luck with my current hoster. I think getting OpenSSL and Curl working right is going to take an act of God. So I suppose the best next question is: What would it take for me to move from my current hosting company to Jommlapolis for my site? I realized that I would need to setup a hosting account. But would you do the move for me, or would I need to copy files in their entirety, or rebuild everything? If I moved, would the connection from Paypal to my customer's accounts still be connected?

Thanks in advance...

13 years 2 months ago #151845 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Paypal

toddfletcher wrote: Thanks for the answer. I'm not having luck with my current hoster. I think getting OpenSSL and Curl working right is going to take an act of God. So I suppose the best next question is: What would it take for me to move from my current hosting company to Jommlapolis for my site? I realized that I would need to setup a hosting account. But would you do the move for me, or would I need to copy files in their entirety, or rebuild everything? If I moved, would the connection from Paypal to my customer's accounts still be connected?

Thanks in advance...

I guess that answer to question 1 was red items ;)

Indeed, curl and OpenSSL are needed for secure E-Commerce and are thus a reasonable prerequisite for CBSubs.

Regarding moving to joomlapolis business hosting (with all prerequisites for CBSubs met, and private hosting support with ticket system):

If you have access to your registrar for setting DNS servers or for transferring domain registration services, it is a smooth migration. Files + database are needed so that you don't have to rebuild. Alternate migration possibility is by using AkeebaBackup. Work to migrate site is not included but can be done normally at same rate than for Installation and basic configuration of CB (See Support menu - Services tab). If you decide to host with us, choose only Joomla as pre-installed script. That way it's easy to keep Joomla up to date through the pannel, and you can still migrate the existing Joomla 1.5 site fine.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 2 months ago #151863 by toddfletcher
So, to be sure, the IPN Paypal connections with the individual customer subscriptions in CBSubs with continue to function properly after I migrate my site to a different host? Assuming the full site and DB are moved as well?

Thank for the reply too. I will be looking into the Joomlapolis hosting.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds