[SOLVED] Fatal Error: cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect.php

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153061 by ndee
Hi guys,

this bug is more and more becomming a problem as we can not update the live site and roll out new features...

...we all make errors and it seems that you think we did something wrong. But imho this is obviously not the case. This is a commercial extension and it would be great if you can investigate closer that issue after almost 3 weeks since reporting. I can also post into pro support forum if it helps to speed this up... ;)

Cbsubstabsprotect version of CBSubs 1.0.3 still works as expected. Every version after 1.0.3 of cbsubstabsprotect plugin is broken. The issue with the position has not been confirmed or denied.
As you have access to the source code you may find the answer in the diff between version 1.0.3 and any later version. This is frustrating, I know why I hate encoded files ...

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal Error: cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect.php
Were there any modifications to CBs core? Did you tamper with your database in any way? If so please revert ALL those changes.

The issue is ONLY present with THAT tab, no other tab is exhibiting issues. So something specific of that tab is causing problems. I could not find an issue with any other tab. I do not know if the database for that tab was altered or if content on that tab is causing problems.

Are you able to confirm any other tab is having issues? Have you tried deleting the fields on that tab followed by deleting that tab and re-creating it? If not, please do so on a test environment and confirm if issue still present.

Please stop upgrading, downgrading, upgrading, etc.. this is just risking massive database corruption. CB nor CBSubs are designed to be downgrade, they're forward support only!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153081 by ndee
We have 2 issues here:

issue I. Editing error is solved - if I switch tab position to another than "not on profile 1", altough works with CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT plugin 1.0.3, maybe this has to be investigated further

issue II. Profile does not get data correctly. Please see my pm and the instructions below.

krileon wrote: Were there any modifications to CBs core? Did you tamper with your database in any way? If so please revert ALL those changes.

No, I do not want to patch on every cb update + why does CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT 1.0.3 work then? I only patched some hardcoded width and height of mod_cblogin, but this is not related. In DB I changed VARCHAR(255) fields to TINYTEXT because of the MySQL VARCHAR problem which CB is constantly ignoring and getting to a problem if you have some plans with different profilefields. See my post regarding this on CB 1.3.1 forum.
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/152971-mysql-var-char-problem-and-temp-solution
(I reverted those cb.core.xml changes on the dev server)

The issue is ONLY present with THAT tab, no other tab is exhibiting issues. So something specific of that tab is causing problems. I could not find an issue with any other tab. I do not know if the database for that tab was altered or if content on that tab is causing problems.

Wrong, I wrote you a pm regarding that. Disable that tab - it does not matter. Editing profile (issue I) works then but the profile is still broken (issue II). I sent you login details for a certain plan user ".......clubs".
How to reproduce:
1. Frontend: Login with that user and view his own profile page by clicking on the avatar.
-> You will see a nice profile.

2. Backend: Go into Administrator (with cbteam super user) and install CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT plugin v. 1.1.2 (currently v. 1.0.3 of CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT is installed - which works flawlessly btw)

3. Frontend: Refresh that ".......clubs" users page and see that all substitions and the whole profile is broken badly. a) this plan has not the above mentioned tab id 26 displayed anywhere b) you can disable above mentioned tab id 26 and the profile is still broken ... so I assume the tab is not the problem.

Please check that.

Are you able to confirm any other tab is having issues? Have you tried deleting the fields on that tab followed by deleting that tab and re-creating it? If not, please do so on a test environment and confirm if issue still present.

All field on this tab are cb CORE FIELDS. If I unpupblish them all or switch to another display position (other than "not on profile 1") issue I. is gone. issue II. is STILL there.

Please stop upgrading, downgrading, upgrading, etc.. this is just risking massive database corruption. CB nor CBSubs are designed to be downgrade, they're forward support only!

EDIT: If I get a working version to upgrade to I do not have to downgrade anything - trust me I have better things to do than waste my time on bugs which I am not responsible for.

I ONLY "downgraded" the CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT plugin which is causing all the trouble. I can not wait 2 weeks and do nothing on the development site while waiting for a reply from you guys. We have a todolist to work on and this commercial plugin is slowing us down. I did NOT downgrade any other plugin or CB itself, CBSubs 1.1.2, CB 1.3.1 is WORKING with the old CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT v 1.0.3 (only this plugin was downgraded)... but is broken with the CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT 1.1.2 ...

Fact is, CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT v 1.0.3 works (with CB 1.3.1, and all CBSubs plugs on 1.1.2) and as soon as I install CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT 1.2.2 it is broken, issue I. + II.. Therefore I bet it is some code in this CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT plugin. For me it seems that these issues are CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT related as I did not change anything but installed CBSUBS.FIELDSTABSPROTECT 1.1.2 plugin. You can send me the source code of both versions if I should search for the bug myself.

###################
###################

13 years 2 months ago #154768 by ndee
This bug can be closed, it misteriously disappeared after updating to CB 1.4.0. So this bug may was not our fault as implied by CB team ;)

Sometimes your users are not responsible for bugs although you assume the error has to be on their side. Thanks anyway.

###################
###################

13 years 2 months ago #154769 by ndee
Sorry, this bug is still somehow present as no images are displayed on some profiles.

###################
###################

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155001 by ndee
more details on issue II. Profile does not get data correctly:

We did some hours of testing and I set up another clean testsite. We display almost all profile fields with substitiutions in delimiter fields as we want to style different profiles for each membership. We tripple checked field visibility optins, so we are quite sure they are set right. On profiles of plan1 the images are displayed on the other plans they aren't (after upgrading to cbsubs 1.1.2 / cbsubstabsprotect 1.1.2)

We have about 350+ cb fields and 4 active plans. Maybe this issue is caused by the amount of fields? Regression? Caching?

Please check the following:
cb_txt = textfield; value = TEXT
cb_email = emailfield; value = test@example.com
cb_img = img field; value = image_name.jpg

Scenario 1 [FIELDNAME] (strips html tags)
[cb_txt] -> TEXT
[cb_email] -> test@example.com (without html tags)
[cb_img] -> image_name.jpg (image name textmode)

Scenario 2 cb:userdata (strips html tags)
[cb:userdata field="cb_txt" /] -> TEXT
[cb:userdata field="cb_email" /] -> test@example.com (without html tags)
[cb:userdata field="cb_img" /] -> image_name.jpg (image name textmode)

Scenario 3 cb:userfield
[cb:userfield field="cb_txt" /] -> (blank, no text, no tags)
[cb:userfield field="cb_email" /] -> (blank, no text, no tags)
[cb:userfield field="cb_img" /] -> (blank, no text, no tags)

Does not matter, text, email, img, cb:userfield does not display anything

Once more,
1) if I install cbsubs.tabsprotect of CBSubs 1.0.3 release cb:userfield is working as expected.
2) If I disable/uninstall cbsubstabsprotect cb:userfield is working as expected (but then all fields of all profiles are displayed everywhere - so this is no solution

Do you have a site with enough payload to test? As mentioned we have 350+ fields and maybe this only triggert if many fields are loaded?.

Thanks.

###################
###################

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn