[SOLVED] Upgraded but now get 403 if Edit CB Subs Plugins

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #151583 by timsimon
Hi guys,

I am running Joomla 1.5.22. I upgraded CB 1.3.0 -> 1.3.1 and then CBSubs from 1.0.3 -> 1.1.2. Now when I click "Close", "Apply" or "Save" when in Admin back end > Plugin Manager > Edit Plugin for the following plugins:-

cbsubs.cbfield
cbsubs.content
cbsubs.url
rounded

I get this error:
403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Interestingly I do not get this for the main cb subs plugin or the following plugins:-

cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect
cbsubs.planimage
cbpaidsubscriptions_english

I have checked permissions and everything is as it should be.
I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the plugins, to no avail.

Some help needed here please.

Regards

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151731 by krileon
Please edit your plans and ensure you did not protect Community Builder extension under Integrations > Extensions (only displays with cbsubs content installed). Please also ensure under By URL Part that you've not protected any elements of CB or CBSubs backend. Please run all CB tools to ensure users are synchronized and check within User Management that your user is a super administrator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #152257 by timsimon
Hi krileon
Thanks for your response.
I have checked and done all the things that you suggest. And again.
But the problem is not solved.

I notice in the CB Plugin Manager that the CB Subs plugins that work ok are all listed under "Type" as just "user".

The 4 plugins that cause the 403 are listed, for example, as "user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin"

Could this be an issue?
Regards
Tim

13 years 2 months ago #152757 by krileon

Could this be an issue?

No, they're of the appropriate type and location. Please PM backend login credentials and will investigate your issue further. Am unsure of the cause at this point. You do not need to Save, Apply, Cancel any of those plugins however as that is not where you configure them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153144 by krileon

cbsubs.fieldstabsprotect
cbsubs.planimage
cbpaidsubscriptions_english

These are stored in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/.

cbsubs.cbfield
cbsubs.content
cbsubs.url

These are stored in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/. The template is in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/templates/.

Please check that you do not have something internal blocking these locations. Such as maybe mod_security triggering on the files there. You'll absolutely have to review server error logs. Without them it will be impossible to find the direct cause as debug mode is not reporting anything nor is error_log showing anything in relation to the time of the error or the files.

I've checked all permissions and they all seam correct to a typical installation.

Changing the targeted filed to a higher permission results in 500 error, this will need to be restored via FTP (administrator/index.php to 644).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 2 months ago #153157 by timsimon
Hi
OK I restored that file permissions.

I confirm that, as far as I am aware, I have nothing internal blocking those locations. As I said before, it all worked perfectly before I applied the upgrade.

After attempting to save one such plugin just now the server error log shows:-

Fri Feb 04 15:06:23 2011] [error] [client **.*.***.***] File does not exist: /home/********/public_html/404.shtml
[Fri Feb 04 15:06:23 2011] [error] [client **.*.***.***] File does not exist: /home/********/public_html/favicon.ico
[Fri Feb 04 15:06:23 2011] [error] [client **.*.***.***] File does not exist: /home/********/public_html/403.shtml, referer: http://www.**************.co.uk/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=503
[Fri Feb 04 15:02:51 2011] [error] [client **.*.***.***] File does not exist: /home/********/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://www.**************.co.uk/

Does that help?
Regards Tim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn