Hidden plan show when asked to upgrade content res

13 years 1 month ago #154171 by kristaberri
Hi

I have a hidden plan on the site that can only be accessed via URL, this is because users sign up as an organisation on the site and then all their staff are asked to upgrade/register to this hidden plan (so they dont have to pay as the organisation has paid for them).

This is working great except when a user clicks on the access controlled content the hidden plan shows up as well as the other plan. I have set the plan to only show when accessed via the URL but this is making no difference.

I could really do with this sorting as it is currently allowing people access to a free plan that they shouldn't have but we do need a plan that works in this way as we need people to be able to register without the administrator having to do it.

Hope that makes sense.

Krista :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154196 by krileon
Interesting, please confirm are using CB 1.1.2 and have configured the plans parameter Propose spontaneously plan at registration: to No: hide this plan from registration and from access proposals, unless specifically included in URL and Propose spontaneously plan for upgrades: to No: hide this plan from upgrades and from access proposals, unless specifically included in URL. With this configuration the plan should only show if a direct URL to the plan is used.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154214 by kristaberri
Hi

Yes all set to the above.

I've done a bit of testing and I've noticed that it's only where I have the content protected by URL parts (on the Kunena forum I have a few forums that are for full members only), if I control a content item then I get the correct plan, not the hidden plan.

Another thing I've noticed that may or not be connected is that if I hide a content item using only the hidden plan (i.e. no other plan controls it) then it doesn't work at all, anyone can access the plan as if there was no control on it.

13 years 1 month ago #154309 by krileon
By content item are you meaning anything from components like Kunena or Joomla articles? Please be specific with your configuration so may attempt to duplicate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154450 by kristaberri
Hi Krileon

Yes, I have a Kunena forum, www.scrapstoresuk.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&catid=0&func=listcat&Itemid=61 There are two parts to the forum, open to all and members only, I have protected these forums by using the protect URL parts, if I then visit these forums I get shown two upgrade options, one of which is the hidden plan.

If I protect a menu item though I see only one plan (not the hidden one) which is correct.

Hope that makes sense.

13 years 1 month ago #154634 by krileon
Ok I understand, please PM backend login credentials with the exact URL in question and the plan you do not want to display so may take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn