[#2421] access control doesn't work with submission form

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157568 by leader777
Hi,
to put it short:

If I give the user "author" rights it overrides CB SUBS access control and the user has site-wide access. If I keep it in 'registered' group, article submission form doesn't work.

In detail:

I'd like to create an account for a news editor. I want this account to be able to add and edit articles in one particular category.
I created a user account made it a member of "registered" group, created a plan with author and editing rights depending on it, and subscribed the user to the plan.
I created a menu item of Article Submission Layout type and made it accessible for registered users.
When the user logs in he sees the menu item, but trying to access it always results in "You are not authorised to view this resource". The note for the menu type says:"Note: this will only work for Authors and above!".

Restriction on READ works just fine, the problem is with authoring and editing.
What should I do?

I'm using Joomla 1.5.22, CB 1.4 and SUBS 1.2.2

Andrey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157581 by krileon
Have created a bug ticket to have your issue addressed. Only the "New" and "Edit" icons for adding new or editing existing articles are functional without usergroup access. The new icon is typically found in list display of a category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 weeks ago #157648 by leader777
Thanks for quick reply, Krileon.
What about category blog layout? I can't find any 'new' or 'edit' icons. I've looked up all menu item settings and article settings but have not found anything that turns these buttons on. Am I missing something?

Andrey

13 years 4 weeks ago #157963 by krileon

What about category blog layout? I can't find any 'new' or 'edit' icons. I've looked up all menu item settings and article settings but have not found anything that turns these buttons on. Am I missing something?

Please ensure you've configured Joomlas content articles and menu links to show the New and Edit icons. Review Joomla documentation for further details at below link.

docs.joomla.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163572 by leader777

krileon wrote:

Please ensure you've configured Joomlas content articles and menu links to show the New and Edit icons. Review Joomla documentation for further details at below link.

docs.joomla.org/

Hi,
doesn't work for me. When I login as admin I see edit button, but it won't show if I login as a registered user even if editing rights are properly set up in the subscription plan.

Andrey

12 years 11 months ago #163619 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and would be glad to take a look. Please include direct URLs to the location at which edit buttons should be displayed for a subscribed user.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn