13 years 1 month ago #158293 by tc2
Tax plugin will not install was created by tc2
When following installation instructions with:

PHP 5.2.14
Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.3.1
CBSubs 1.1.2

I get to installing CBSubs Tax plugin, which results in:

"Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 71827456) (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/tc2.ca/html/joomla/libraries/domit/xml_domit_lite_parser.php on line 135"

I set PHP memory limit to 128MB and confirmed with Joomla backend sysinfo and with PHP info.

I also added "RLimitMem max max" to .htaccess in html root, the error persists.

I'm guessing 72MB is a limit imposed by the host, but it seems very high (at least higher than the manual says is needed).

I tried again with the following software versions:

PHP 5.2.14
Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.4.0
CBSubs 1.1.2

And the error returned from tax plugin install is:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 8737: parser error : out of memory error in

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: <field name="province_name" value="Houet" valuetype="const:string" /> in

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 8738: parser error : out of memory error in

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: <field name="province_latin_name" value="Houet" valuetype="const:string" /> in

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:169 Stack trace: #0

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(169): SimpleXMLElement-

>__construct('<?xml version="...') #1

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(144): cbInstaller-

>isPackageFile('/nfs/c08/h01/mn...') #2

/nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(248): cbInstaller-

>findInstallFile() #3 /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(611):

cbInstaller->preInstallCheck(NULL, 'plugin') #4 /nfs/c08/h01/mnt/116138/domains/dev.tc2.ca/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_comp in

I also tried:

PHP 5.2.14
Joomla 1.6.1
CB 1.4.0
CBSubs 1.1.2

And on install of the tax plugin I get:

"500 - An error has occurred. String could not be parsed as XML"

I've downloaded CBSubs again and checked MD5Sum against the one that fails to install, it's identical.

Please advise,

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158409 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Tax plugin will not install
The error is clear, you do not have enough system memory configured to install CBSubs Tax. It is a large plugin and will drain a lot of resources on install. Please contact your host for having your memory limit increase. The combination of other installed extensions can push memory limit too high. Your current limit appears to be 68mb. Typically this is sufficient, but I can not speak for any 3rd party extensions you've installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #158555 by tc2
Replied by tc2 on topic Re: Tax plugin will not install
This is a fresh Joomla install with no other extensions, just CB and (1/2) CBSubs. 72MB seems a little on the way high side, but I'm trying to have the host raise the limit.

13 years 1 month ago #158724 by krileon
Interesting, if fresh install then there should be no issues as the install would be very minimal. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159749 by tc2
Replied by tc2 on topic Re: Tax plugin will not install
Some more info...

In cb.installer.php I added the following echos before and after the call to create a new CBSimpleXMLElement object (this call causes the error):

echo "ini_get('memory_limit'):". ini_get('memory_limit') . "\n<br />";
echo "memory_get_usage():" . memory_get_usage() . "\n<br />";
echo "strlen(\$xmlString):" . strlen($xmlString) . "\n<br />";
$element = new CBSimpleXMLElement( $xmlString );
echo "after" . "\n\n<br /><br />";

And this results in:

ini_get('memory_limit'):99M
memory_get_usage():23221448
strlen($xmlString):2987788
parser error : out of memory

Seems like CBSimpleXMLElement is being passed the entire contents of the 3MB cbsubs.tax.xml file and eating up 70MB+ of RAM? Memory leak or recursion problem? I didn't look at the constructor. Don't know why our server is affected but no others. Your help is appreciated, I'll send that PM, thanks,

Lee

13 years 3 weeks ago #159794 by krileon
Have reviewed your installation and would seam your CB release is out of date. Please upgrade to CB 1.4 and test again.

The only issue I see is simply running out of memory. The tax plugin is huge (XML is 2mb alone). Please see below thread with exact same issue as solved. Perhaps your memory limit changes are not taking affect (what PHP info tells you is not always accurate).

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/110-potential-bug-103/119288-solved-memory-allocation-failed-growing-buffer

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds