Strange PayPal / CBSubs interaction as "offline"

12 years 11 months ago #161849 by dirtypants
I've been struggling with PayPal and CBSubs for a few versions now. Occasionally, I'll get a notification from PayPal that I've received a payment, and then the respective member will complain that the site is not honoring their subscription. I have to go in and manually subscribe them.

After poking around, I've noticed that the payment shows up in the basket in CBSubs as "offline payment." But the PayPal notice has all of the information it would have if the user paid simply through the PayPal gateway. Where can I follow up?

I only have PayPal and Offline as options. And I'm not even sure where to approve "offline payments."

But I can't understand why CBSubs thinks that it is an offline payment, but PayPal receives all of their transaction info from CBSubs. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161851 by dirtypants
Sorry; updated my versions in the sig.

An interesting side note: PayPal notification says:

Receipt No: 1654-6264-XXXX-XXXX
Please keep this number for future reference, as your customer doesn't have a PayPal Transaction ID for this payment.
Invoice ID:N1177372881XXXXXX

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

12 years 11 months ago #161852 by dirtypants
:dry: Weird. I updated my sig, but it didn't show in the thread. My versions are:

Joomla 1.5.14
CB 1.4
CBSubs 1.1.2
Virtuemart 1.1.3

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

12 years 11 months ago #162017 by krileon
Sounds as if the user used Offline payment method then paid you directly through PayPal. This will not work in regards of CBSubs picking up the IPN and acting on it. They need to explicitly select PayPal as the payment method or you'll have to approve the Offline payment manually by navigating to Baskets in CBSubs and paying the users basket once funds are received.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #162144 by dirtypants

krileon wrote: Sounds as if the user used Offline payment method then paid you directly through PayPal. This will not work in regards of CBSubs picking up the IPN and acting on it. They need to explicitly select PayPal as the payment method or you'll have to approve the Offline payment manually by navigating to Baskets in CBSubs and paying the users basket once funds are received.

Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. Does this also make sense if the PayPal email I receive says:

XXXXX <snip> Member for XXXXXX XXXXXX
Item #: S719-XXX-2

When the item number and description are clearly passed from Joomla somewhere. Right?

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

12 years 11 months ago #162281 by krileon
No, that would mean they did make the payment through PayPal. Currently there's a known issue with IPNs not being properly received due to an API change on PayPals end. We're working to establish a fix for this. This does not explain why when making a PayPal purchase it shows as "Offline" in the baskets page of CBSubs. It should be showing the name of your Gateway (e.g. PayPal).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn