Issue with Text Area fields

12 years 10 months ago #162798 by CCHWebmaster
Issue with Text Area fields was created by CCHWebmaster
I added some custom fields to the registration form and used the Text Area for a couple of the fields. I have noticed that in Internet Explorer users cannot enter text into the text area field. One of these fields is a required field on my form so it has made registration a nightmare for me. I'm basically having to register everyone which is what I was trying to avoid.

I devised a work around until the problem can be resolved: here is my work around. When the user clicks on the field they type in whatever it is that they need to type into that field. The field is accepting the text but the user cannot see what they are typing (or given any indication it is accepting what they are typing). Then once the user is finished they click on the text area box and then hit the delete key on their keyboard. It removes the text area box from the form and the user is able to see what they typed in. The problem is once they have hit the delete key if they made a mistake they can't go back in and edit the text that they typed in.

First image is me typing in text "This is sample text" into one of the fields.
Second image is me selecting the text area so that I can delete it
Third image is the text that I typed after I deleted the text area.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #163109 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Issue with Text Area fields
Please include what version of IE you're testing on. Is it standard textarea (would appear so, but just making sure) or a textarea editor? Please also include Joomla release and CB release. Does not appear to be an issue regarding CBSubs however. Seams likely is a bug with IE as CB just renders a standard HTML compliant textarea input.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds