Event Booking

13 years 2 months ago #154228 by Thelowlandpiper
Event Booking was created by Thelowlandpiper
Waht's the easiest way to offer users a way to book places on a one-off teaching day? How do I do this in CBsubs? I want to offer a deposit option and an upgrade to full payment. This is a music teaching event and I want to offer instrument hire also, booked against a limited number of instruments available...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154302 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Event Booking
CB nor CBSubs are event management extensions. I recommend looking into jEvents, Eventlist, etc.. which are designed to be event scheduling extensions. Using CBSubs you could extend a payment option to those events however, but would of course require a new plan per event I believe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154440 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: Event Booking
thanks krileon; I admit that I very soon realised that I could do it using one-off plans for deposit and full pasyment; I also want to be able to collect other information from registrants, but I guess I can do that by adding fields to CB and showing them at registration; This is a no-more-than twice a year event so I dont need a full-blown event memnagement extension;

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Event Booking
I see, you could have a plan named after the event which would allow you to charge for the event and keep track of who is attending (it's possible to filter user management by plan).

As for additional fields you could add a field just for the event and set your other plans to hide that field on their workflows tab which would mean only showing the field for that event plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154459 by Thelowlandpiper
Well, having tried the option of creating a special plan I have two problems; if I choose a Merchandise type plan, I cannot choose to display the fields I've created for details about registrants instruments etc; however, if I choose a subscription plan, however I configure it, users who already have subscriptions (most of the likely bookings) can only see the plan if I choose 'allow upgrade'; then, of course, they get a message saying how much more it will cost if they upgrade, which is not what I what I want at all, so I'm still left pondering this ...
clearly, it's a merchandsie plan that I need; is there a way I can collect the extra information I want, by displaying the new fields, or by some other means?

13 years 2 months ago #154504 by Thelowlandpiper
By setting the merchandise plan to be non-exclusive, [and redefining some of the language file entries; eg to remove references to 'upgrades' I replaced 'upgrade possibilities' with 'options'] I now have a working model, except that if a user is already logged-in the fields I have defined do not display; is there a configuration setting somewhere that I have missed?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds