Loged in User can register another User

13 years 2 weeks ago #156968 by snitch
Hello again,

I am getting on with my community project, but now I am little bit stuck.
And I find no topic to this issue.

Normally the register form doesn't show when a user is logged in. This is I want to change now. But just for a special usergroup (moderators) and then I want him to show a the Registration Form + CB Subs Plan (just for moderators).

Basically I want the Moderators to create they on user/profiles and connect them together in Groupjive. See also my request in GroupJive Forum.

Some Ideas to that issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #156982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Loged in User can register another User
CB does not support creation of users on frontend. The registration process will not validate or likely not work at all after making core edits when logged in. You'll need some sort of 3rd party extension that'll allow you to create users on frontend. GJ also does not support adding of users to groups on frontend, this is done from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #158033 by snitch
Replied by snitch on topic Re: Loged in User can register another User
Hello krileon,

I made some research and testing about that issue.
I can open the register form but there are a few conditions on making a new user so i stoped that. The Frontendconfiguration would be possible throug a 3rdparty plugin, but i need all CB features for the registration (CB Plans, Payment, Groups, GJive, Condtional Fields, etc.).

So it looks like, I need a plugin/core modification for my project. Can you/someone can make me an programming offering for that?

rough program logik:
WHEN user (Special Group, with 'moderator' rights) logged in frontend, this user can register antother cb plan->/user/profil,registration form and adds that user automaticaly (CB Triggers?) to that GJive Group/Categorie.

Or maybe there is some better/cheaper solution in/with CB? I hope this not a reason to drop all the work done by now ... :-(

[EDIT: similar problem founded]

krileon wrote:

What I've done so far is, disable the email check, so that they can create multiple profiles.. however, the users are having a hard time understanding what to do exactly.. What I would like to do is.. somehow, Make it so they create a profile.. it becomes the "Master Profile" and then they can add additional profiles. The reason? Each profile gets it's own blog, community connections (we've re-branded as PAWpawls), and Internal mail (PAWmail).

Can't be done; the reason is Joomla and CB alike require unique ID, Username, and Email. No 2 can be alike; ever. So each time the user re-registers for a new profile they would need to use a different username and a different email then the last profile.

Best approach is to probably use a directory extension like mostree or something to store custom profiles of pets or create a new CB plugin which allows storing a list of pets and their information on the users profile directory. A single user with multiple profiles just is not possible due to CMS limitations.

Maybe this is also something for may problem and a better solution? But I couldnt find any "mostree" directory extension.

Thanks for any suggestions!

13 years 1 week ago #158192 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Loged in User can register another User
What you're asking is a complete hack to the core of CB and Joomla, myself would never take on such a task. Unique ID, Email, and Username are not easily removed and in doing so you compromise many extensions that depend on their uniqueness.

As far as creating users on frontend I suppose you could review how backend does it and try rendering backends form and such on the frontend. Frontend is designed to not allow user creation beyond registration. You could simply log out and register another user. Seams a lot of trouble to be able to do this same process while logged in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn