Registering basketball players

13 years 1 month ago #157478 by Pottsy
Registering basketball players was created by Pottsy
Hi, I am setting up a web site for a local basketball club.

We want to link the payer registration to the site registration so players are actually registering to play by registering on the site.

The issues to overcome are re-registration each year without deleting all player so we maintain the connection of player to the site and eventually we would like to collect subs money from players via the site.

Can you suggest any methods or tools to achieve this outcome?

The web site in development is at www.StMichaelsBasketball.org.au

Thanks,

Jason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157542 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Registering basketball players
You could have a checkbox on the users profile created from field management to confirm their registering to play. You could then filer a userlist by this field and would have an easy to search list of users who are registered to play. At the end of the year you could perform a single database query and reset those checkboxes. Is just one solution, there are many available. Likely a roster based extension exists on Joomla.org as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn