Email validation returns "could not check"

13 years 1 week ago #157795 by mcrone
I am adding users mannually in the CB Users module and I am finding that some AOL and Yahoo users' email addresses will not validate. I get the message "could not check" or sometimes "does not accept mail." Is this related to the users email service, or something else?

Thanks -mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #157905 by krileon
This is typically related to the user email service not sending a response to our check. If the message is Yellow and Green then it's ok, if it's Red then this could indicate a problem. It is just a convenience check for the user (helps with minor typos for instance, missing .com, etc...). It is not a full validation check as that is done when saving registration (or profile).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcrone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn