Groupjive and Kunena Integration?

12 years 4 months ago #184280 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Groupjive and Kunena Integration?
Krileon, what I keep trying to explain, is it's not just in "Recent Topics" it's also merging Group forums in the Main Fourm (Index) page as well. It looks like you clicked on the wrong forum menu item on my site. I have a main "Forum" menu item and another menu item for "recent topics", you must of selected recent topics, as the "Forum" menu item takes you the main forum's index page, and group posts are clearly being shown on both the "Recent Topics" and the Main Forum "index" page. If you go there, you'll see that groups forums are being added to the main forum and worse yet anyone can reply to them, without being a member of the group.

Before installing Groupjive, I didn't have any problems with Kunena. Also, Kunena is a free software, marketed as a forum only, whereas Community Software is a purchased software marketed to add Groups functionality to the Kunena forum, so this functionality issue isn't something they feel responsbile for. From Kunena's standpoint it's your responsibility to provide and make this functionality work, not theirs.

If my installation is wrong, or if this is a glitch that will be fixed with the next update, I will wait, but this is something I really need to work on my site and was the reason why I purchased Community Builder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #184287 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Groupjive and Kunena Integration?

Krileon, what I keep trying to explain, is it's not just in "Recent Topics" it's also merging Group forums in the Main Fourm (Index) page as well. It looks like you clicked on the wrong forum menu item on my site. I have a main "Forum" menu item and another menu item for "recent topics", you must of selected recent topics, as the "Forum" menu item takes you the main forum's index page, and group posts are clearly being shown on both the "Recent Topics" and the Main Forum "index" page. If you go there, you'll see that groups forums are being added to the main forum and worse yet anyone can reply to them, without being a member of the group.

Your index is as follows which displays perfectly fine.

DOMAINREMOVED/joom/forum/index.html

You put "Groups" (GJs top level category) in "Main Forum" so all of GJs forums will create inside of "Groups" which is under "Main Forum". If this isn't where you want it then you need to navigate to Kunena backend Category Manager and move "Groups" somewhere else.

and worse yet anyone can reply to them, without being a member of the group.

This is a bug and is fixed for next release.

Before installing Groupjive, I didn't have any problems with Kunena. Also, Kunena is a free software, marketed as a forum only, whereas Community Software is a purchased software marketed to add Groups functionality to the Kunena forum, so this functionality issue isn't something they feel responsbile for. From Kunena's standpoint it's your responsibility to provide and make this functionality work, not theirs.

I have been trying to explain to you that it is working. Exactly as intended infact. Aside from the current access permission bug of course, which have informed you 3 times am aware of and is already fixed for next release.

If my installation is wrong, or if this is a glitch that will be fixed with the next update, I will wait, but this is something I really need to work on my site and was the reason why I purchased Community Builder.

There is nothing wrong except for the access permission bug. Aside from that where your top level GJ category is at is entirely up to you and you can move it anywhere you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184328 by scottie33t
Hello Kyle, okay we are getting closer. When I was referring to the Main Forum, I didn't mean the Main Forum section, but I was referring to the entire master Forum index page itself, I didn't want Groups added to the regular Index page at all, but kept in the Groups menu item only. However you did point me in the right direction, as when I took your advice and moved the Groups to another section, I was able to set uniqe permissions to that section where only Super Users can view posts from the front end, which basically took them off from the Main Index page.. This didn't seem to take away any functionality from Groupjive, so that's a plus.

However, the only issue I'm still having (other then group posts showing in Recent Topics, which I understand will be fixed with new upcoming release) is "any" registered user for my Joomla site and/or my main/master forum can still post in any individual Groups without even joining and/or being approved for any of these individual groups. Invite Users has a "Group Users" premission setting, but I didn't see this option for either "View" or "Posting" in the group permission settings at all. Actually, I didn't see any permissions setting at all for Posting or Reply permissions. It would be very helpful if I could let the public view posts only and let Search Engines crawl them, but only those that have actually joined the actual group can post in them via a Group Users permission here.

12 years 4 months ago #184460 by krileon

However, the only issue I'm still having (other then group posts showing in Recent Topics, which I understand will be fixed with new upcoming release) is "any" registered user for my Joomla site and/or my main/master forum can still post in any individual Groups without even joining and/or being approved for any of these individual groups. Invite Users has a "Group Users" premission setting, but I didn't see this option for either "View" or "Posting" in the group permission settings at all. Actually, I didn't see any permissions setting at all for Posting or Reply permissions. It would be very helpful if I could let the public view posts only and let Search Engines crawl them, but only those that have actually joined the actual group can post in them via a Group Users permission here.

This is a bug and I've stated this multiple times in nearly all of my previous replies. Please read my responses closely. There's an issue with the permission check for forum read access that is fixed for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184483 by scottie33t
Thanks for replying back, okay I'll wait for the new release to come out by the end of this year then. I just wanted to make sure all of these permissions were fixed as well..

I've had a few users try out Groups feature, below were also some additional problems we are having (hopefully some of these are also part of the next release):

The creation of groups option keeps Reverting back to Disable for some reason on the back end.

When a new user requests to join a group, the group request confirmation E-mail doesn’t work, isn't sent (so how does the group manager/creater know there are pending member requests?)

When a user creates a new group, it doesn’t create a forum and there isn't any option to add a forum from the front end.

If you want me to create seperate threads for these three just let me know, I just wanted to let you know about all the issues I'm having with one e-mail.

12 years 4 months ago #184504 by krileon

The creation of groups option keeps Reverting back to Disable for some reason on the back end.

Known issue, also fixed for next release.

When a new user requests to join a group, the group request confirmation E-mail doesn’t work, isn't sent (so how does the group manager/creater know there are pending member requests?)

Check what you have notifications set to in GJ configuration. If left at the default of PM or Email and you've UddeIM installed for example then it probably send a PM instead of email (if the user they're inviting already exists on the site). If the invite was to someone who does not exist on site then check within CB > User Manager that the Mass Mailer works to confirm if emails work at all.

When a user creates a new group, it doesn’t create a forum and there isn't any option to add a forum from the front end.

Forums are automatically created when you create a group. If this fails then re-save the group to see if it creates. Forums can not exist for a group if the groups category doesn't have forums. Run GJ tools from backend for it to debug missing forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn