[SOLVED] Styling the Formatted Name in the User Profile View

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #221639 by philiplardner
When viewing the user's profile page, the 'formatname' field is displayed in the default text style. I would like to display it in the <h1> style on this page only (see attached.) I can make this change (temporarily) by editing the HTML page code in Firebug but I have not been able to discover how or where to do this in the css or php scripts to make the change permanent.

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221688 by krileon
Move it to a tab that is in a not shown on profile position then use a substitution in a delimiter field to render it and you can combine it with any HTML you want. You could also restyle it using CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221704 by philiplardner
Replied by philiplardner on topic Styling the Formatted Name in the User Profile View
Thanks Kyle - that worked nicely!

Phil.

PS - for anyone in the same situation:

Go to CB Tab Manager
Create a new tab called "Dummy Tab"
Publish it
Position: Not displayed on Profile 1 (scroll down the Position list to find this)
Save.

Go to CB Field Manager
Open field: formatname
Change Tab to "Dummy Tab"
Save.

Create a new field
Type: Field Delimiter
Tab: wherever you want!
Name: cb_formatname
Title: Formatted Name
In the Editor enter: "<h1>[firstname] [lastname]</h1>"
Save and you're done!