Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1

10 years 4 months ago #236483 by tekfix
The password sent to the user from the "Forgot password" process on the CB login module does not work. It results in the normal "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." message. Also, if the administrator changes the password for a user manually in the CB User Management the new password will not work. But if the administrator changes the password for a user manually in the normal Joomla 3.2 User Manager everything works fine!

J 3.2.0, CB 1.9.1, PHP 5.3. The site was originally upgraded from 2.5 to 3.1.5 to 3.2 and CB was upgraded from 1.9 after the 3.2 upgrade. I now uninstalled CB completely and reinstalled it from scratch from the 1.9.1 files. Still the same problem...

Any ideas on how to fix this?
The topic has been locked.
10 years 4 months ago #236486 by tekfix
Also, if the user changes password from his/her CB profile the password will not work...
10 years 4 months ago #236489 by krileon
Password encrypt is entirely handled by Joomla now in CB 1.9.1. Are you using strong passwords within Extensions > Plugin Management > User - Joomla!? If so try disabling strong passwords and see if it'll work then. Nick has confirmed forgot password is working perfectly fine with CB 1.9.1. Please navigate to CB > Configuration and confirm that the version checker is reporting back as CB 1.9.1 and up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #236504 by trevor.bennett
Sent here to Pro from Community forum by Nant:

I am having same/ similar problem: clean install of J 3.1.5 public_html, then "plugged in" my J 2.5.14 database... COULD register new user through CB User Management at least. Existing registrants could also log in from front end.
Then, upgrade to J 3.2 and to CB 1.9.1 from 1.9
- I find that existing Users (registered through CB under j2.5.., CB 1.9) can log in, but users now registering at front end CB Register, cannot, just says Incorrect username or password. Please try again.

I am getting desperate to release this upgraded site, where J3.1.5 (+ cb 1.9) fixed some reported difficulties with self registration; as it is not live yet I can give Nant login details if that will help me and others...
Thanks
Trevor

will try "Are you using strong passwords within Extensions > Plugin Management > User - Joomla!? If so try disabling strong passwords and see if it'll work then." meanwhile

no, just disabling strong pwds, save plugin, does not let existing (new today Reg user) login with pwd selected on registering.

Also Admin changing pwd does not let user in either. Will now delete user and re-register; FRONT END: no, still cannot login...
10 years 4 months ago #236515 by kenwebcity
I would like confirm I am experiencing this error as well. This is for a site under construction so all users are new users. It is not a password reset issue for me, per se, but newly registered user's passwords are not being recognized as valid.

I used the upgrade package this morning so that I could update CB to 1.9.1 and Joomla 3.2. Strong password was never enabled.

My experience, which I replicated twice:
I registered a new user through the front end and approved account by the verification email link. When I tried to login the message stated user/password was not valid. I used CB user management and changed the password, it still did not work. I then used Joomla user management to update the password and was finally able to log in from the front end.

Please help, if this is not resolved it will stall my project. I will be glad to supply full access to your development staff.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #236522 by krileon
@trevor.bennett, what do you mean you plugged in your J2.5 database to J3.1? You can't just drop the tables in and it work. You need to run upgrade from J2.5 to J3.2 first. Then install CB 1.9.1.

@kenwebcity, does Joomla registration and login work fine on frontend? Have you tested CB registration with debug mode enabled and maximum error reporting set within Joomla global configuration? If not, please do so and see if any fatal errors are thrown during registration.

Both of you please provide what PHP version you're on. Next review _users database table and see if the passwords are prefixed with {SHA256} (strong encryption fallback) or $2y (strong encryption). Please also test registration with email confirmation and admin approval both off.

If issues persists after performing all instructions above then please PM backend super administrator login credentials, ftp login credentials, and phpmyadmin login credentials. I know that is a lot of access to request, but there's no choice in the matter as I need to observe the entire password creation process and at some point it's failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn