Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236611 by krileon
The default password encryption method is not set in Joomla 3.2. To quickfix the issue please perform the below steps.

1. Navigate to Extensions > Plug-in Manager > User - Joomla!
2. Disable Strong Passwords
3. Click Apply to save the change
4. Enable Strong Passwords
5. Click Apply to save the change
6. Set Strong Passwords as necessary (you may or may not want it at this point)
7. Click Apply to save the change (if any)
8. Test frontend login

I do suggest waiting for Joomla 3.2.1 for everything to officially be fixed, but if you insist on updating and the above does not work please review the below known bugs regarding the new password encryption for possible fixes.

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=32595

joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=32525

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet, AlexSmirnov, mtwallet, BobKillmeier
The topic has been locked.
10 years 5 months ago #236863 by fyistudio
This has been frustrating me all day. Glad I finally checked with you guys. Krileon's fix worked for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexSmirnov
10 years 5 months ago #236865 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1
Lovely job, Kyle. Thank you!

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.
10 years 5 months ago #236938 by trevor.bennett
Replied by trevor.bennett on topic Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1
OK, I will wait for cb1.9.1 until J3.2.1 comes - I am on j3.2 - I reverted to CB 1.9 and problem has gone away?

Thanks

Trevor
10 years 5 months ago #236939 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1
when is 3.2.1 coming out anyway? I've got 2 stranded 3.2.0 sites. (with corrected logins though)

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
10 years 5 months ago #236949 by krileon
No idea, suggest asking on the Joomla forums. If you've the workaround working successfully you shouldn't have any further issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn