Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1

10 years 5 months ago #236532 by trevor.bennett
after cloning my j2.5.14 website from another host, worked OK, I carried out a Joomla upgrade to 3.1.5, which imported little but the __content table. I then wiped public_html and did a clean install of j3.1.5 there, eventually I changed the _menu, _users etc table suffixes to the one I adoted for J3.1.5 ie j3_ and the site worked fine, I re-installed cb 1.9 and old CB users could log in; I registered a user from front end: could log in fine.

This is all on a "development" site but one I wish to go live on asap, the CB logins have become broken on the j2.5.14 Live site and I could not find the reason, but I am only slowly re-adding only the most essential functions on J3.

I was offered an upgrade to j3.2 by the host of this "dev" site, and also cb 1.9.1 so why not? The result in respect of the lack of logins is now been seen by many people, and me.

My PHP version is 5.3.27 and I suspect that its installation started many of my problems on 2.5.
I just ran SELECT * FROM `j3_users` WHERE PASSWORD LIKE "%{SHA256}%"
-no results
For $2y there are 2; the Administrator (not his real name) and me - neither can login to front end but then I have just reverted to CB 1.9 and now changed these two passwords. I can confirm that a font end registration worked fine too on CB 1.9 and I will now wait developments.
Trevor
The topic has been locked.
10 years 5 months ago #236536 by kenwebcity
PHP Version 5.3.27

I have turned on debug & error reporting and recreated the issue and I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the reports (however being a designer and not a coder, I don't know exactly what to look for).

In the _users table the passwords have to common suffix

I have tried all the suggested settings and have had no luck. Regardless of approach (registering via front end registration or the CB backend user management)the password will not work (unless rest by the core Joomla admin User Manager). I see in the _users table that the non working passwords created by CB based tools are only 32 characters and that the functioning passwords (set by Core Joomla) are two sets of 32 characters separated by a colon. So somehow something is being lost in the password generation process.

I will PM you all credentials.

Thank you for you help I'm sure we can get this resolved.
10 years 5 months ago #236544 by tekfix
Hi. This is really curious. I started looking into your suggestions. The passwords were prefixed with $2y in the _users table except the non-working password that had none of the two prefixes mentioned by you. The non-working one was changed yesterday with the "Forgot password" process. Strong passwords were activated in the users-joomla plugin. I switched strong passwords to No in the plugin and saved it. Then I realised I want to see what happens with the password prefix in the various situations, so I switched strong passwords back on again. Then I opened the CB User management and changed the non-working password. Now, it got the $2y prefix in the database and it works! Then I tried the Forgotten password process, the $2y is there again, and it works. This did not work yesterday! I also tested registration now (did not try it yesterday) and it works.

Did the fact that I opened and saved the users-joomla plugin settings change something? Or has something happened on my operator's server during the night? I do not have the Joomla cache activated and there is nothing cached as far as I can see...

So for my part the problem seems to be solved. Thank you for a very fast and efficient support! CB rules!
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236553 by squil
I have analog problem.

New user, afte registration and email confirm, can't login.
Existing users can still access the site.

.../J 3.2.0, CB 1.9.1, PHP 5.3. The site was upgraded from 3.1.5 afte CB upgrad from 1.9.
10 years 5 months ago #236558 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Password reset problem. Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1
Had same problem and can confirm turning the strong passwords off, saving, then turning them on again and saving fixed the issue.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
10 years 5 months ago #236560 by BobKillmeier
I'm experiencing same issue - I've turned on Developer Error Message see:
Strict Standards: Declaration of getcaptchaTab::getDisplayRegistration() should be compatible with that of cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration() in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-524742.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php on line 790

Strict Standards: Declaration of cbinvitesInvites::store() should be compatible with that of comprofilerDBTable::store() in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-524742.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/cbinvites.class.php on line 1142

Incorrect username or password. Please try again.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn