[#4802] Version 2.0.1 Response after selecting a user in a list: "This profile does not exist or is no longer available"

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #251332 by Wouter47
I updated a perfect running CB installation from 1.9 to 2.0.1. All users are shown in the backend.
After logging into the front end as a regular registered user I can get a nice looking userlist.
I can go to my personal profile, but when I click on an other user in the list I get "This profile does not exist or is no longer available" (it shows only when this user is a super user).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #251338 by Wouter47
I found the bug. The "username" in our situation is a number and for some reason this is not longer allowd.
In our club all users are registered by the register number of the Dutch Tennis assosiation.
When I change the "username" in the database to alpha characters I can open the profile.

I do not understand why this is changed and please make it work again.

9 years 6 months ago #251355 by krileon
A number as a username should work fine. Do you have SEF disabled or enabled? If SEF is enabled please try disabling it and see if your issue resolves as it could be a bug in our router.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #251359 by Wouter47
Thanks for your quick response. I found something alike (with a hyphen in de username) in the archive round 2012.

I disabled SEF in Joomla 3.3.6 and now it works again.

I still do not understand why I have to do this. What is the relation?

9 years 6 months ago #251367 by krileon
Does your number based username have a hyphen or does number based usernames and string based with a hyphen both have the same issue? It sounds like a bug in our router file if this is the case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #251464 by Wouter47

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn