[SOLVED] Video plugin not displaying video + text field truncating.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #253206 by billraydrums
Two in one problem thread! :D

OK, my client's site is not showing the video. No matter how much I reinstall/install the plugin or comb through the SQL and see if I can find the problem, I am totally at a loss. About 4 hours.

Also, the text field is truncating. I do not know why, but when I did the remedy to insert the content directly into the SQL, it advises me that the text is being truncated so it's at the source. I do not know why.

mobilemusicteacher.com is the site

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253218 by nant

billraydrums wrote: Two in one problem thread! :D

This does not help people reading nor support responses - if possible in the future keep issues separated.

OK, my client's site is not showing the video. No matter how much I reinstall/install the plugin or comb through the SQL and see if I can find the problem, I am totally at a loss. About 4 hours.

CB Version? Joomla version?

Also, the text field is truncating. I do not know why, but when I did the remedy to insert the content directly into the SQL, it advises me that the text is being truncated so it's at the source. I do not know why.

mobilemusicteacher.com is the site

Thanks!

Maybe your text field is configured with Maximum Length and Size limitations?

9 years 5 months ago #253231 by billraydrums
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 3.3.6

Text field limitations are set to 0.

9 years 5 months ago #253239 by nant

billraydrums wrote: CB 1.9.1
Joomla 3.3.6

Text field limitations are set to 0.

Means that something else you or your customer has installed is causing the truncating as I cannot replicate on my testing environment.

Suggest you debug your customer site and see if some other third-part CB plugin or Joomla plugin is causing this. It is not CB.

9 years 5 months ago #253332 by krileon
The CB Video Field for 1.x is a varchar(255) so a URL longer than 255 characters will get truncated. In CB 2.0 it's text type so it won't truncate. Do a character count on the URL to see if that's what is doing it. As for the display issue it could be due to the URL being truncated causing the video player to fail to find the video. Aside from that I've no idea as I no longer have a CB 1.x environment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 5 months ago #253379 by billraydrums
OK, just installed 2.0.3 CB and spent the entire morning getting that squared away. The video appears but something is still truncating our text; it's letting me input what I want and upon save does not cut off the database storage but it is cutting my char count to 255. Standard text area.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn