CB Privacy Video Tutorial?

9 years 4 months ago #253543 by fundsauce
CB Privacy Video Tutorial? was created by fundsauce
I was messing around with CB Privacy last night and tried everything I could think of to try and get it working. It's all installed correctly. There are three plugins(Privacy/delete/disable), that are listed. I tried it with Privacy and delete enabled. I went into the parameters on various fields and tabs to enable and adjust and ensure that they appeared viewable only on edit profile rather than viewable on profile.

When I logged in as a plain registered user to find no luck. Do I need to do anything on configuration or anything else because I know I am overlooking something?

One of Nant's great video tutorials on CB Privacy would be awesome right about now. :)

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253557 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Privacy Video Tutorial?

fundsauce wrote: I was messing around with CB Privacy last night and tried everything I could think of to try and get it working. It's all installed correctly. There are three plugins(Privacy/delete/disable), that are listed. I tried it with Privacy and delete enabled. I went into the parameters on various fields and tabs to enable and adjust and ensure that they appeared viewable only on edit profile rather than viewable on profile.

When I logged in as a plain registered user to find no luck. Do I need to do anything on configuration or anything else because I know I am overlooking something?

Would help if you would state what you are trying to accomplish.

One of Nant's great video tutorials on CB Privacy would be awesome right about now. :)

Thanks.

Planned in the near future ;-)

9 years 4 months ago #253558 by fundsauce
Replied by fundsauce on topic CB Privacy Video Tutorial?
Sorry Nant, must not have been clear. It is 10.30 am...I was supposed to be in bed a few hours ago, so my mind is running on "sludge mode". :woohoo:

Essentially, CB Privacy is installed correctly, all three plugins associated with CB Privacy. I experimented with the various parameters relevant to CB Privacy and its associated plugins(cb privacy main, delete and disable). No matter what I tried though, it would not hide fields and tabs that it should have hid automatically and did not provide the privacy settings options for the user controlled privacy fields/tabs.

I am wanting to force hide some fields and tabs while giving other the registered users the ability to control their own privacy on other fields and tabs...basically, make it work.

I hope that has clarified what I am trying for. Many thanks for the swift reply and looking forward to that video tut. :)

BTW, one other quick question, any idea when antispam will be released, I know it is in the pipeline. :)

9 years 4 months ago #253570 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Privacy Video Tutorial?

fundsauce wrote: Sorry Nant, must not have been clear. It is 10.30 am...I was supposed to be in bed a few hours ago, so my mind is running on "sludge mode". :woohoo:

It happens ;-)

Essentially, CB Privacy is installed correctly, all three plugins associated with CB Privacy. I experimented with the various parameters relevant to CB Privacy and its associated plugins(cb privacy main, delete and disable). No matter what I tried though, it would not hide fields and tabs that it should have hid automatically and did not provide the privacy settings options for the user controlled privacy fields/tabs.

I am guessing that by "all three plugins associated with CB Privacy" you are referring to the extra CB fields that are created.

No need to touch these unless you know what you are doing.

I am wanting to force hide some fields and tabs while giving other the registered users the ability to control their own privacy on other fields and tabs...basically, make it work.

I hope that has clarified what I am trying for. Many thanks for the swift reply and looking forward to that video tut. :)

Please take a look at the description associated with the CB Privacy download here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/docman/doc_details/687-cb-privacy-400

Specifically:
All CB Tabs and Fields will now have an extra Integrations tab that contains Privacy related settings.

Each tab and field can now be configured for privacy settings.

BTW, one other quick question, any idea when antispam will be released, I know it is in the pipeline. :)

Kyle is currently in the last stages of CB COnditionals and Beat in CB ProfileBook.
Rest will follow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fundsauce

9 years 4 months ago #253586 by fundsauce
I did take a look at that description many, many times at the time of downloading. It's still as clear as mud. I will just wait for the video tutorial. Thanks anyway Nant. :)

9 years 4 months ago #253590 by fundsauce
Nevermind Nant, I think I just figured most of it out. It must have been a cache problem at my end. All fixed and working. :)

Many thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn