switching off CB e-mail confirmations!

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #255230 by cheemak
Hi Guys

I've set up a site using the latest Joomla 3.2.7 and CB 2.0.4 and using Shmanic LDAP integration.

Now I've set it all up and it seems to work .. when you use the CB login it generates a user profile and all the fields in the CB table fine. I've switched e-mail confirmations to off in both Joomla users and in the CB registration config... However the first time a user logs in it pushes an e-mail confirmation message out ... am I missing a setting somewhere? does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

here is the login screen

here is the CB config

here is the joomla user settings:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #255252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic switching off CB e-mail confirmations!
Looks like your authentication plugin is creating a Joomla user, but not a CB user. When CB is left to create the user they're created as approved and confirmed already. If only a Joomla user is created then they will not be approved or confirmed as both features are CB only. It's fine for your authentication plugin to create the user, but it needs to be upgraded to integrate with CB properly or you'll have to regularly run CB > Tools > Synchronize Users.

Also ensure within CB > Configuration > General you have "Login Method" set to "Username, Email Address, or CMS Authentication Plugins" as this may allow CB to auto approve and confirm a CMS user login when they don't exist in CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #255255 by cheemak
Replied by cheemak on topic switching off CB e-mail confirmations!
Thanks Kyle

The login method is definately set to the user name - e-mail or cms plugin setting.

The system is creating the CB users fine and they are in the DB and user management screens.
I don't have to run the sync..
This only happens on first login, what seems to happen is on first login -> Ldap authorises and pulls data-> system creates joomla user -> system creates CB user -> system tries to send e-mail with confirmation link (even though I think it is all set to "OFF")

second login attempt directly after the first attempt(with out having to follow any links) -> logs in fine.

So something somewhere is trying to send the confirmation still.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #255263 by krileon
Does your LDAP extension integrate with CB it self and is creating a CB user? Are you using strictly CBs login module?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #255265 by cheemak
Replied by cheemak on topic switching off CB e-mail confirmations!
Yeap strictly using the CB login module and the it is creating a CB user.

9 years 3 months ago #255273 by krileon
If the extension is designed to integrate with CB and is creating the CB user it's not doing so correctly. The approved check is done first so it seams like it's setting the user approved, but not confirmed. There's nothing more I can suggest without the source of the plugin to see if that's the problem.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as FTP login credentials and will review further to see if the extension is the issue or CB isn't working quite right when creating CMS authentication users.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn