[SOLVED] Code for articles in community builder List not working after upgrade

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268112 by Dorkyme
Hi

Using: cb. 2.0.10
Cbsubs: 4.0.1
Joomla 2.5.28

At our site www.amed.no/finn-behandler the code that shows a cbfield just shows the code on live site for every user after upgrade. The code is not working anymore.

We got the code from you, and wonder what to do to get the list like it was before upgrading to the latest community builder releases.

Regards,
Thomas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268120 by krileon
Is it a Custom HTML field or are you using the new Layouts feature for an existing field? If Custom HTML field ensure you've clicked the view source button otherwise anything you type in the standard editor view is going to be encoded and do nothing (this is a function of the WYSIWYG, nothing to do with CB). The substitutions could also be closed wrong. Please review the below substitution tutorial carefully.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #268189 by Dorkyme
We are using a custom HTML field.

The HTML code is like this (inside view source..):
[cb:if cb_behandlingsmetode6!=""]
<ul>[cb:if cb_behandlingsmetode6=~"/Access Bars/"]
<li><a href="access-bars">Access Bars</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_behandlingsmetode6=~"/Airmassasje (luftmassasje)/"]
<li><a href="airmassasje-luftmassasje">Airmassasje (luftmassasje)</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_behandlingsmetode6=~"/Akupressur/"]
<li><a href="akupressur">Akupressur</a></li>
[/cb:if] [cb:if cb_behandlingsmetode6=~"/Akupunktur/"] ..... and so on.

No change has been done to this, just updating CB.

I am not a hard coder, but do not see anything wrong with the code above.

8 years 8 months ago #268207 by krileon
What version of CB did you upgrade from?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #268229 by Dorkyme

We did not test the site much due to vacation after upgrading from 2.0.8, so I am not sure if we experienced the same thing with 2.0.9.

8 years 8 months ago #268230 by krileon
Edit your Custom HTML field and click the View Source button. Most like some encoding took place and the quotes maybe escaped causing it to be ignored.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn