[SOLVED] Privacy for registered users

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269527 by jpdenny1
[SOLVED] Privacy for registered users was created by jpdenny1
Hello CB,

I sorted this somewhat by putting any menu's etc with links to profiles set to guest. But while browsing as a public user someone could copy the url of a user and paste it into browser once logged in to access another users profile - getting registered viewing rights on it.

Broadly speaking there are Admin and Registered Users only. Registered Users profiles are set to public view and have to be public. Blogs and lists menu items for example are set to Guest.

In such a case is there a way to prevent some clever clogs from viewing others profiles while logged in?

(Admins can view the Last Viewed, within a Users profile to see if it has been viewed by a registered member, with registered viewing rights, but this would be a reactive measure, after the viewing occurred and not guaranteed to spot it)

(Also Registered User group parent is Public by default).

e.g. Groups tab would not be public, yet I wouldn't want another registered user looking in on anothers group tab.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #269528 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy for registered users
Why do profiles have to be public? You can set "Profile View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > User Profile to "Registered" to prevent public access to profiles. There's also CB Privacy and its profile privacy field. Alternatively a redirect action in CB Auto Actions with access set to all non-registered users could also work to redirect them away from profiles by acting on the after profile display trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago #269530 by jpdenny1
Replied by jpdenny1 on topic Privacy for registered users
Hi Krileon,

Well they have to be public as they are meant to be viewed by the public. I don't think CB Privacy will cut it as they need to be public - with no use if they are anything else.

So the Auto Action for a redirect for Registered User viewing Registered User may do the trick. I'll check it out. Haven't done a redirect yet, but will give it a whirl.

Kind regards

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 8 months ago #269532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Privacy for registered users
That doesn't make any sense though. You're saying you want them publicly visible, but you don't want the public to view them. If that's the case just set "Profile View Access Level" to "Registered" as instructed above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #269535 by jpdenny1
Sorry for confusion. Profiles are publicly visible, the public view them.

When a User logs in to edit their profile, they are editing as a registered user.

They could also view other profiles as a registered user, (lets say straight from a link on a list) and what is not visible to the public is now visible to the registered user.

Ok I can control tabs privacy with CB Privacy using Public, Private, and Connections - fair enough.

But I'm looking for a way to stop it dead in its tracks so Registered User while editing their profile cannot view another registered users profile while logged in. (They can view it while logged out when they only have public viewing rights).

In Auto Action redirect the URL is set to index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile, if you don't mind what is the condition?

If you still don't understand it let's just leave it off, I have any profile linking menus and articles set to Guest and I can use CB Privacy on the tabs.

But additionally for a profile view re-direct in general, what is the typical condition?

Many thanks

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9

8 years 8 months ago #269537 by jpdenny1
Found this:

CB has no such feature. You can try using CB Auto Actions to do it though. Please see below auto action configuration.

Type: Redirect
Triggers: onBeforeUserProfileRequest
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [get_user] Is Not Empty
Conditional 2: [get_user] Not Equal To [user_id]
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler

The above should send a user back to their own profile if the user they're viewing isn't themselves.

Should help me.

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.15 Latest Nightly
GJ 3.0.1 nightly
Php version 5.5.35
Auto actions nightly
Activity nightly
Privacy nightly
Conditions nightly
CB Gallery 2.0
.....all nightly!
Uddeim 3.9