Issue with Field Conditionals Not Working

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #271744 by tjohns92109
Issue with Field Conditionals Not Working was created by tjohns92109
CB 2.0.11
Joomla v3.4.4

First I should mention that I can't submit a support ticket because it says I don't have a membership (I have a 3 month developer membership). But, the forum should be fine...

I have a registration form in which there are 2 types of users (individual and company). I set up the first field to be the one where you select this. Then, if the conditionals are working, only the company or individual fields should show - depending on which they selected. It doesn't seem to be doing anything at all.

I set conditional equal to 'Company' and selected the 7 company fields to show and 7 individual fields to hide.

I've tried a few things... changed 'equals to' to 'does contain'. None of the specific 14 fields should be showing at all until the user selects the type of account. The only way I can accomplish this is to go to the specific fields and change it to not show on registration. In which case it does not show - even when you select the account type.

I've also tried changing it from radio buttons to a dropdown. I can PM you with credentials if you'd like to take a look.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271745 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Issue with Field Conditionals Not Working
On a side note... probably nothing to do with my issue above, but every time I open a field the warning pops up that says, "Note changing a fields name will also change its database columns. This could result in broken queries or broken parameters that depend on the fields name and/or database columns. Change with caution."

8 years 6 months ago #271746 by tjohns92109
Think I got it... I didn't think to see if the plugin was published because the conditional tab was available. But it wasn't published. Seems to be working now.

8 years 6 months ago #271747 by tjohns92109
Actually, I might have another issue.... why would [on a fresh install of CB] it say that GroupJive is not compatible with your current version. I have the latest version of CB and the latest version of Group Jive (2.7.0).

8 years 6 months ago #271772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue with Field Conditionals Not Working
GJ 2.x is not compatible with CB 2.x. We've just released GJ 3.x Beta 1, which is a complete rewrite of GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #271856 by tjohns92109
I'm just going to try to figure out how to get the functionality I need without using groups... maybe it will simplify this very complex site.

If, however, I decide I need GroupJive... is there a way to install the new beta 'safely' even though I've already installed the old GroupJive? The documentation says not to, but what if the old one is completely uninstalled and deleted from the file system?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn