[#5721] How to show Kunena User Settings in CB Profile Edit?

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #276557 by gjschaller
I searched the Tutorial and Google, but I may just be missing this...

Since implementing CB 2.0, I realized that users can no longer change their personal Kunena settings:

Preferred Message Ordering
Hide E-mail
Show Online
Select subscription as default
Select the time limit for pages

I'm stumped on how to display these within CB, so the user can edit them - it doesn't seem to be a part of the Forums Tab, or a field I can enable (User Parameters or Forum Status field type). Am I missing it somewhere?

Thank you for you help!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #276673 by krileon
You map an existing CB field to those Kunena fields and on profile date CB will push the value to Kunena. The mapping is done within CB Forums > Parameters > Forums > Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #276693 by gjschaller
What are the proper field types for each of them? I am guessing Hide E-mail, Show Online, and Select subscription as default are True / False, but I'm not sure about Preferred Message Ordering and Select the time limit for pages.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 2 months ago #276694 by gjschaller
I'm also noticing that "Select subscription as default" is not one of the items that can be mapped.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

8 years 2 months ago #276727 by krileon
Please see the tooltips of each. If they expect certain values they'll be noted there. For example Hide Email has "(values: 0 = Hide, 1 = Show)".

Have added a feature ticket to implement the additional fields.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5721

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #276728 by gjschaller
Thank you. Is there a way to synchronize the existing values back into CB, so that they aren't accidentally overwritten?

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn