[SOLVED] CBSubs Import Subscriptions Error

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277637 by Jaffa12
Hi guys,

I have been trying to use the import feature in CBSubs to import a comma-separated list of a large number of users of my site. I just need CBSubs to set every user listed in the file to a new subscription plan. But there appears to be a bug.

I get the following error upon import.

Error
Failed to save Import subscriptions because: Importer - error: non-numeric userid value: "1003

I tried it as a .csv file and also as a .txt file. I tried it with multiple userids and also with just a single userid in the file. It fails to even import a file containing only this...

I do have an active user with that ID but I get the same error regardless of what number is in the file.

Is there something I am missing? Or can you advise another way to set a large number of my users to a cbSubs plan in a simple step. I need to change about 2000 users from no plan to a new free plan. I tried cb autoactions but I haven't been able to make it trigger.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277666 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Import Subscriptions Error
Are you ending your list with a comma resulting in an empty user id? Is there any spaces? The exact usage is as follows.

No spaces and no trailing or leading commas are permitted. Please also note you will not be able to import subscriptions for 2,000 users at once. That's too much for most servers. you'll likely need to break it up into smaller imports.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277681 by Jaffa12
Replied by Jaffa12 on topic CBSubs Import Subscriptions Error
Thanks Krileon,

Seems that the comma was certainly an issue but the main issue seems to be with the Excel I used to create the .csv file on my Mac. I didn't intentionally insert a comma at the end. Excel did that so I assumed it was required. I tried it without the final comma and it still failed with the same error.

But I tried it again as a .txt file (created in TextEdit without a trailing comma) and it worked perfectly. First batch completed instantly.

Thanks for your help. Problem solved.

Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn