[SOLVED] CB Connect/Auto Action Configuartion

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281262 by knowhow
Hi,

I am trying to use CB Connect and Auto Actions to allow me to set-up a process that will only allow people to register on my site from a particular Google Apps account:

CB Connect Configuration:

Application is set and correct.
Registrations:
Register: Yes
Button Style: Disabiled
Mode: Pre-fill
Username Format: [profile_email]
Usergroups: Registered
Approval: No
Confirmation: No
Canvas Approval: Default
Fields
name.givenName - firstname
name.familyName - lastname
domain - params

Now this will allow anyone with a Google account register and use the site, however now I need to restrict the access to only those with a @stuk.cloud account. I have been told the best way to do this is to use an Auto Action script, I have tried a range of different settings but can not get it to do what I need it to do here is what I currently have set:

Global
Triggers: onBeforeUserRegistration
Published: Yes
User: Automatic
Access: Everyone
Type: Redirect

Conditions
params
Does Not Contain
stuk.cloud
No

Action
URL: index.php
Type: Message

When I try to Register with or without a @stuk.cloud account I always get the message "Sorry you can not register"

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards,

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281278 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect/Auto Action Configuartion
Your condition needs to be against their email address. Example as follows. Note I've changed the operator so the matching can be more strict.

[email] Is Not REGEX /@stuk\.cloud$/i

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: knowhow

7 years 11 months ago #281281 by knowhow
Replied by knowhow on topic CB Connect/Auto Action Configuartion
Worked brilliantly!!!!

Many Thanks!

Rob

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn